Tuesday, August 30, 2011

This, That and a Blog

Good morning, sweet friends!

I just woke up in the best mood this morning which is highly unusual given the circumstances. Let me explain. My husband decided to stay at the farm last night. We are in high gear up there preparing for an extremely busy fall. Beginning this weekend, we'll be hosting two weddings and the store's Vendor Party, all in the course of about eight weeks. D's parents have been super busy preparing the house and land for these events while D, E and I have been busy with all of the event planning details. While some parts of event planning are glamorous, D's part this evening was anything but. Bless his heart, he hauled tables, chairs and miscellaneous sundry items up there and unloaded them. But since he was already there, he decided to stay and ride the 4-wheelers. I really can't blame him. He's also going to work with the farm crew to install new lighting over the deck this morning so I think the man deserves a little ride through the woods! I hate I missed that part because I really like riding 4-wheelers especially at night, except for the bugs in your teeth but really D only gets those because I hide my head behind his. He's quite the protector.

Actually, I was at church until almost 10 last night helping with a regional training event that our church hosts every year. I told D to just go ahead and have all the fun. E and I are headed up to the farm this evening to meet with the bride who is getting married there in October, her mom and the caterer for a tasting. Now, I will just have to admit, tastings, whether cake or dinner, are one of our favorite things to do. On several occasions, E and I have been the pleasure to sit in with our brides who are getting married at Montaluce Winery in Dahlonega. Can I just say, Montaluce tastings rock! Not only do you have the opportunity to taste their exquisite food but you also get to taste their wines. After all, we are there to assist our bride in all possible ways. It's our job. Yes, it is. Somebody has to do it.

Okay, where was I? So all of that to say, I usually don't sleep well when D's not beside me but while I didn't go to sleep until after 1:00 a.m., I did sleep like a rock til 7. So, rise and shine, let's get this day started!!

One of my early morning rituals is reading several blogs. Actually I read lots of blogs throughout the course of the day. I love them, what can I say. But lately, I've been in like with one in particular. I've just got to share it in hopes that you will be as blessed as I have by it. It's called "Bring the Rain," written by Angie Smith. I guess I'm a little behind in that I knew Angie was a gifted speaker as she tours regularly with Women of Faith. But I had no idea what a gifted writer she is. Oh.My.Word. When any one's written word, brings me to tears, I am smitten. So I am smitten with Angie and her powerful message. I'm linking a couple of her amazing posts. Let me say, please don't be tempted to rush through them. They are deep and moving. Love them.

This one, entitled The Stone had me at hello.
http://angiesmithonline.com/2011/08/the-stone/

And I think you'll love this one, too. I've included the follow up article which involves our own Atlanta Braves.
http://angiesmithonline.com/2011/06/honeysuckle-and-fireflies/

http://goodguysports.wordpress.com/2011/08/29/norris-the-atlanta-brave/


Tomorrow, I'm going to share a few more blogs I love. I think you'll like them too because if you read this one, anything is a step up. Thanks for reading - I love both of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment