Tuesday, September 20, 2011

We're all a-Twitter about TV

Okay, I few quick things . . .

This week begins the new fall tv schedule and premiers all of our old favorites. Well, you may well remember that I am huge (did I mention huge?) fan of Castle. I adore this show. I'm really not a fan of most murder/crime solver/police dramas but this one is different. Well . . . last season's finale left us sick at our stomachs because our main girl, Kate, was shot, square in the chest, with lots of lots of blood and ooh and ick while speaking at their captain's funeral. Which is a whole other story. Anyway, Rick professes his love for Kate as she's laying on the ground bleeding. Yes, he does. Says he loves her and everything right to her face. Well, this is a long story and you really need to watch it but thankfully, Kate recovered all in the season premier last night and low and behold tells Rick she doesn't remember anything about the shooting . . . but she was telling a fib. Because at the end, when she's talking to her counselor, guess what? She tells him she remembers everything which means?? Yes, she heard Rick say he loves her. But remember she told him she doesn't remember anything. Oh.oh.oh. Kids, this is going to be good. Good I tell you.

So since we're talking tv, D and I were total nerds last night and set our DVR for all the new shows that we want to check out as well as some old favorites. I'll take you through our line up. Now, keep in mind, we will pick and choose between all of these because after all, we have set a new tv goal to go back and watch all of the seasons of the now-ended series, "Friday Night Lights." I've heard for years how good this show is but sometimes when you come into something in the middle, it's a little overwhelming. So our NetFlix account is now queued up for all 47 seasons. It may take us awhile.

Okay, the new season highlights according to the Wileys:
Mondays: Castle, of course. The Sing-Off (love this show); By the way, Dancing with the Stars - no thank you, not this season.
Tuesday: Slow night for us. We'll check out Biggest Loser but if that doesn't excite, we'll keep the tv off this night.
Wednesday: We'll bounce back and forth between Up All Night (this looks good, we'll see), Modern Family and The X Factor. The X Factor just intrigues me. I want to see what Simon Cowell and Paula Abdul have been up to.
Thursday: Ohh . . this is a Big night at our house. D has been just giddy about the premier of the new Charlies Angels. Having grown up with the original angels, I'm kinda curious myself. Of course, The Office has a new boss (can anyone really replace Steve Carell?) and we've got to see how that plays out. Also, love The Big Bang Theory on Thursdays. This has to be the quirkiest, quickest, well-written sit-com on television right now. The ensemble cast is one of the best. I always say that any show that makes me laugh out loud is a keeper. Now, a disclaimer. You either "get" this show and like it or you don't. E and N don't like it so I can only guess that they don't get it. Honestly, it's a strange kind of humor. That's us - a strange kind of humor.
Friday: Okay, a couple of thoughts here. D loves Chuck. I can take it or leave it. But the fact that they have moved Extreme Makeover: Home Edition from Sunday night to Friday night presents a huge problem. However, D and I got out our DVR manuel last night and guess what? You can actually watch one show and record another. Well, there you go. Problem solved.
Also, I've been wanting to watch Blue Bloods. I think this is the second season but I keep seeing that the main character is played by Tom Selleck. I'm sorry but I don't care how old he is, the man is so handsome and I just like him. Is it because I watched every single episode of Magnum P.I. from 1980 til 1988? And then the final season of Las Vegas? And then him and Monica on Friends? Yes, yes it is.
Saturday: Reserved for SEC football. End of story.
Sunday: Okay. Like I said, Extreme Makeover Home Edition and Undercover Boss have always been staples here. However, time marches on and things change and now, well, we're a couple without a show. Oh yes, there's always Sunday night football. :) Again, the tv will probably stay off this night.

Okay, so that's the DVR schedule for the 3 major networks but you know that there's always The What Not to Wears and The Say Yes to the Dresses on our TLC channel. And of course, the Cake Boss. Oh, I watched The Cake Boss, Baby Edition last night. I'll swan, Mrs. Cake Boss looked like a movie star giving birth to the baby boy and when Mr. Cake Boss sobbed when he held that child, well, I did too. And that man, as a surprise to the Mrs. for her baby shower, made a cake the exact (exact I promise) replica of the baby's new nursery. I have never seen anything like it. He's incredibly talented. He likes to act all tough and stuff but the man's a teddy bear when it comes to his family. Gotta love him.

One more thing . . . since we've been away from each other, I did something big. I have joined Twitter but I don't tweet. I just stalk everyone else just like I do on Facebook. E says because of our business that we need to be tuned into these social media-type things. I try not to spend too much time on them because honestly, if you aren't careful, you can waste some serious time on there. But I did see one of Rick Warren's tweets for today. I know this because I follow him on Twitter. While he tweets. Okay, seriously, this is good. You might want to give it some thought.

We want intelligence. God wants obedience.
We want confidence. God wants dependence.
We want relevance. God wants reverence.

And that my friends is good stuff. Lots better than any ole television show will ever be.

No comments:

Post a Comment