Wednesday, November 16, 2011

What I Love about November 2011

Last night about 9:00 my sweet girl sent me a subtle little text message that simply said "going through blog withdrawals." Well, as sweet as that was, I knew I had to get back in the blog saddle. Because truly if she were the only one who read it, it would be worth it. That's why I blog. Someday, maybe she and some other family members might look through all these ramblings and catch a glimpse of what I'm all about. Which is a scary thought in itself.

I know I'm a little behind but let's talk about November.
1. The month started off with a great trip to Atlanta to the Cash and Carry Mart. Honestly, it's a bunch of women (and I mean a bunch of women) surrounded by scarves, jewelry, pocketbooks, bags, house accessories, gifts and tons of other very good things as far as the eye can see. We shopped til we dropped.
2. The first weekend of November was Marketplace at the Civic Center benefiting our medical facilities here in Gainesville. I met some friends there for a little bit of walking, talking and shopping and then we added a few more girlfriends and headed for the hills. Yep, you guessed it - it was Girls Weekend!! yay and woohoo! We headed up to one of the girl's beautiful family home where we sat by the fire, talked, ate and enjoyed the most beautiful display of God's fall version of creation. It was magnificent! The whole weekend was awesome. A great time to relax and recharge.
3. Last Wednesday night, D and I headed down to Atlanta to have dinner with my adopted sister and her precious son and daughter-in-law. Just a reminder that this is the son who we saw marry this darlin' girl last April in the middle of the ocean. We just love them so much and it was great to lay eyes on them. We laughed, cried and laughed some more all in the course about three hours. Oh, and we ate at the Cheesecake Factory and we had cheesecake and it was the Turtle cheesecake and we ate every bite of it and it was delicious. The end.
4. Last Thursday, I attended the Challenged Child Brunch and Fashion Show with some very special ladies: my momma, my girl, my girl's mother-in-law, and the ladies in the Operations Division at the store. What a great group of women to enjoy food and fashion with! I had two epiphanies at this event: 1. if I were about 5 inches taller I could wear anything and look good in it and 2. the chocolate dessert we had should be illegal.
5. On Saturday, one of my best buddies and I decorated the office for Christmas. It was great to spend the day with my friend and by the time it was all said and done, we had just about got ourselves in the Christmas spirit.  
6. This decorating has to be done early because tomorrow night is the annual Jingle Mingle on the downtown Square. There's food and drinks and the stores are open late. I love strolling around the Square hand in hand with my sweet husband surrounded by the Christmas lights.
7. And guess who will darken our door this Friday afternoon? My big ole boy! I'll have a little over a whole week to spoil him. This momma can hardly wait.
8. Saturday the Party Girls (our unofficial name) and I will be loving on some very special women at New Beginnings. Perhaps I should explain the term Party Girls. A group of ladies from our church get together and provide birthday cake and ice cream; hair cuts and spa treatments for hands and feet to about 50 ladies who are in a transitional home. Therefore, we have a big ole party with these ladies and they love it! This ministry is near and dear to my heart for many reasons. I'm so looking forward to getting up there and throwing some birthday fun around and pampering these ladies. Love them.
9. There will be more to come about this but on Thanksgiving Day, N and D will be running the Turkey Trot half-marathon in downtown Atlanta. E and I will take the opportunity to do something not related to running 13.1 miles.
10. Thanksgiving - there's so much to say about this day. I'll share more later.
11. Black Friday. Yes, E and I will once again brave the day with the crazies. We love it. The key to enjoying this day is to just not take it too seriously. If you do, then all the fun is lost. I just go to spend time with my girl and because that is the primary goal, we have a great time.

I'm going to end with 11 because I'm just liking 11 right now. So there you have it. November in a nut shell. Which reminds me I toasted a bag of pecans last night because I made a Pumpkin Pecan Pie (which was about an 11 on the delicious scale). These make such a great snack. I think I'll have some right now.

Have a great Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment