Wednesday, October 12, 2011

What I Love about October 2011

Well as we all know, this should have been posted a lot closer to the beginning of the month. But it is what it is so here we go:

1. October started out with a bang with one of our brides getting married at Montaluce Winery. You know, we have grown quite fond of this place and oh, at the beauty this time of year up there. The weather was perfect, although it leaned to the chilly and windy side. The wedding was out by the water and was perfect in every way. Her colors were chocolate brown, greens and purples. Gorgeous.

2. We also assisted from afar with another wedding in St. Simons Island on October 1st. The family is from Gainesville and just needed our help putting all the details together from this end. It sounded fabulous and I loved every little detail of this bride's day. I heard from the mother of the bride that it was quite the beautiful affair.

3. Can you believe on Sunday the 2nd that I, along with some other wonderful friends, threw a bridal shower for a long-time friend's daughter at our church? Let me tell you when you are planning three events in one weekend, it takes some detailed to-do lists. I think my list was about twelve pages long but it all came off without a hitch. Thank the good Lord.

4. On October 10th my boy had a birthday -22 years old! This child brings so much fun and laughter into my life. He's a pleasure and a treasure. We hadn't seen much of him since he left for school in August so it was great to lay eyes on this boy. We had birthday lunch on Sunday and it was great for our whole family to be together.


5. The Monday night Bible study girls are now the Tuesday night Bible study girls. This is like a paradigm shift for my brain. For maybe five or six years we have met on Monday nights at my house. Well, we decided that Tuesdays might work well for a season and we started our study last week. Boy, was it good to be back around the table and in the Word with these ladies.

6 . Last Saturday, our family along with the J&J Foods management staff hosted our Vendor Party at the farm. We have this event every other year in order to thank those fine folks who supply our stores and all those who basically, allow us to do business every day. This year's theme was western and the star of the show was the mechanical bull. Everyone in my family gave the old boy a go. Except for me. I know my limits. I'll post some pictures - you'll want to see, trust me.

7. Tomorrow night, D and I will attend an event that we have wanted to go to for years - The Taste of Georgia held at the Depot in downtown Atlanta. Anything that sounds like there might be food involved - we'll be there. Should be fun.

8. This Saturday, we will be assisting with another one of our precious brides. We have had the pleasure of working with her throughout her complete planning so it's always fun to see how everything comes to fruition. Her colors are navy and hot pink. This combination is super hot right now and while I wasn't a fan at first, it has really grown on me. We do story boards at our office for each of our brides and to see hers with these colors, it is just gorgeous.

9. Oooh, then on Sunday, the 23rd the daughter of some of dear friends is getting married at the farm. I just cannot tell you all of the fabulous details this bride has chosen but it is very vintage and beautiful. She'll get married out in the field then we'll move up to the deck for the reception. Lots of burlap, quilts, old books, trunks, vintage plates. So pretty.

10. By the time this month ends, E and I will have completed six events/weddings in the last eight weeks. To celebrate this, D and I are going to head down to Jacksonville for the Georgia/Florida game. This will be a welcome break and honestly, I can hardly wait.

So there you have it. Isn't October the best month ever? I love fall. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment