Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Birthday Excitement

So today I have officially been around the world because tomorrow is my husband's birthday.  Let me explain.  Today I had 16 things to do/stops to make on my list.  And they all had to be done in a specific order which for some reason makes it more stressful to me.  However, I must admit I did find time to go to Old Navy and get not one, but two, of those great cotton shirts they have (one grey and one polka dot) which are perfect for fall in Georgia.  And to make a great cotton shirt even better, I went to my friend's gift shop where she does monogramming and dropped them off for a little customization of the pocket on one and the sleeve on the other.  Yes, I am a Southern girl; we don't buy it unless we can monogram it.  I'll share photos when I get them back.  Well, I think I will share photos because that was one of my stops, to get a new camera. My camera during our vacation in July suffered an unfortunate drop which caused it to render itself useless.  I'm not  sure how to work this new camera but must figure it out before tomorrow.  Because, and I'm finally almost getting to the point of all this, we are celebrating D's birthday tomorrow with what I am calling his "Sports Extravaganza." 

The man loves all kinds of sports so this pretty much is his dream birthday.  First, he is playing in a charity golf tournament tomorrow (I'm going too as an assistant, not a player); then Friday morning we are going to the Atlanta Motor Speedway in Hampton for a NASCAR experience (yes, meaning he will get in an actual race car and loop around the track for about 30 minutes going heaven knows how fast).  This was his birthday gift from last year.  There were scheduling challenges.  Then Friday night we are headed to the Braves game.  E and N are meeting us there.  This is pretty special because this is the big night for honoring Chipper Jones.  If you're a Braves fan at all, you probably are a Chipper fan.  Then on Saturday, we're headed to Athens for the beloved Bulldogs game. Oh yes we are.  My husband is pretty much over the moon with excitement. 

Tonight is his birthday dinner. On the menu:  meatloaf, mashed potatoes, peas (so we can make bird's nests), green beans (from the garden), cream corn (from the garden), watermelon and biscuits.  For dessert?  I cheated and stopped at Peggy Trueloves for cupcakes.  D said he didn't want a big cake so cupcakes it is.

Oh and I also sneaked a little shopping for a decorating project I've got going.  I'll have to post pictures of that too.  I better get in there and figure out how to use the camera. 

No comments:

Post a Comment