Monday, October 1, 2012

The Nights the Lights Went Out in Georgia

Most of you that know me well, know that my favorite movie of all time is "Steel Magnolias."  Now, I could rattle off quotes from this movie but I'll share my all-time favorite one from Clairee;    "The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize."   Amen, sister! 

So what brings this up?  D and I were having one of those late night conversations when neither of us could sleep so you end up talking about just the most random things.  Well, the topic of movies came up which led into southern movies and television shows.   I was telling him how one of my favorite television moments came from one of my favorite television shows, "Designing Women."  This particular scene was Julia defending Suzanne to the current Miss Georgia World, Marjorie.  Oh, I can't tell you how much I love this. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz_ZpoYBzaw


So now you know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment