Monday, May 2, 2011

What I Love about May 2011

Yes, I realize I never even posted what I love about April 2011. Well, I can just sum that up – April was awesome! I had two whole weeks of vacation with my husband; a great Easter day with my family; a royal wedding to “attend;” and just lots of good things going on personally. So it was a good April. I really do need to tell y’all about E and me watching the royal wedding. As you might expect, I could write a whole essay about it. What did you think? Did you love it? I thought it was awesome.

But its May 2nd already and there’s lots to love about May. The calendar is full, full for the month and for that we are thankful.

1. One big thing we are thankful for this month is that Wonderful Events has three weddings this month. God just continues to bless us our work and oh, we just could not be more grateful. On the 7th we’ll go up to Montaluce Winery for a beautiful vineyard wedding and reception; on the 14th we’ll do a reception lake-side; and on the 28th we’ll do a traditional church wedding and reception with a great Southern flair. It is a lot of work but we really couldn’t enjoy it more!
2. Today is Monday, May 2nd and tonight is a big night for us. On Monday, January 10th we were scheduled to go down to Governor Deal’s Inauguration and Gala. However, that didn’t happen because our portion of the state was immobilized by the onslaught of the white stuff (snow). But I don’t think there’s a snowballs chance of that happening tonight so we’re all going to put on our fancy duds and go to the big old shindig. Honestly, I can’t decide what to wear. I have a fancy black party dress and I have a pink and black party dress and I have a blue sorta-party dress. I really want to wear the blue one because it ranks that highest on the comfort level but I’m just not sure it’s dressy enough. In fact, I’m pretty sure some of the other ladies are wearing ball gowns so I guess I better put on that black party dress. I’m so glad we had this conversation.
Unfortunately, I’ll be without my plus-one tonight. My sweet husband has gone to a food show. It’s hard to believe that the Deals didn’t consult my husband’s calendar. I’ll be tagging along with E and N and D’s parents. Even G can’t go this time. He’s got a final tonight.
3. Sunday is of course, Mother’s Day. I’m thankful every single day that I am blessed to be the mother of two of the most amazing children in the universe. Honestly, they are the coolest two individuals even if they are mine. And I’m thankful for the life and good health of my sweet momma and mother-in-law. Not sure what our plans are for this day but whatever we do, I’ll love it as long as we’re together.
4. On the 12th I’m gonna have to put on another party dress for the Chamber of Commerce’s Annual Gala. In the past this event has been held at the Olympic Venue by the lake but this year for some reason it’s at the Country Club, black tie optional. Really? I liked the lake.
5. We have a birthday in our little family this month. Our favorite son-in-law will blow out his candles on the 15th! Happy Birthday to N!
6. I’m not sure I’ve mentioned this before but G plays drums in a band occasionally. He plays with a few of his buddies from high school during school breaks and they are really pretty good. They have a “gig” this month at one of our local restaurants so we’ll be checking that out. (Thankfully, I won’t have to wear a party dress to that – whew!).
7. Memorial Day weekend will be a crazy one around here. Not only do we have a wedding that weekend, but we are attending a family member’s wedding reception on Sunday. This particular couple got married in Florida last month so the groom’s family will be hosting a little soiree in their honor! Also, that weekend is a really cool event that we loved last year – The Brenau BBQ Championship. The food is simply amazing and definitely worth a trip to check it out.
8. Okay, so I haven’t said much about the What’s for Supper? segment lately but wow, it is keeping me busy. I feel like I have two full time jobs. (and so does Emily!). There are lots of things in the works but the major thing is the . . . drum roll please . . . What’s for Supper? cookbook! It will have the almost 300 recipes that we have done during the segment over the past year. It’s really going to be great but I’m a cookbook lover and collector so this is right up my alley. All of the proceeds from this cookbook will go to two very worthy charities. Super excited about this!

I just want to say one more thing. When writing this blog, I usually just share the things about our lives that are fun and somewhat interesting. I have a blog primarily to document our life in words and pictures so that my children might someday look back on it. But all of that to say, we have our fair share of sadness and troubles around here. Right now my heart is broken for two precious friends who are going through terrible tragedy. My heart is also broken for those in our state and our sister southern states who have lost loved ones and homes. Oh, at the devastation. On a sidenote: G’s girlfriend lives in Tuscaloosa and she is fine. Her home was not damaged but they have been without power for several days. She says the damage is unbelievable. So I ask you, please join me in tendering your heart in prayer for those who are hurting. The needs around us are great.

No comments:

Post a Comment