Monday, January 5, 2015

2014 Books

As you all know, I love books.  And I love to read.  So I set myself a goal for 2014 of 24 books read, in addition to my Bible reading.  We'll I'm happy to report, that as of 12/31/14 I read 38 books.  Yes, I do keep a list.   Now granted, when I'm at the beach/on vacation I read A LOT.   I've been known to read 4 or 5 books in a week so that kinda skews the average of 2 per month.  I read different kinds of topics by many authors.  I'm going to share with you a few of my favorite books from 2014. 

1.  The Bungalow by Sarah Jio.  This is the first time I've read any of her books.  But I will read more.  Loved this one.
2.  Bridge to Haven by Francine Rivers.  I love everything she writes.
3.  Rhinestone Jesus by Kristen Welch.  Her story of obedience is an inspiration. 
4.  The Aviator's Wife by Melanie Benjamin.  I loved this story of Anne Morrow Lindbergh.
5.  The Town that Came a'Courting by Ronda Rich.  I'd had never read this book by our local author.  When they movie came out in the Spring, I knew I wanted to read the book. 
6.  The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh.  This one was a little hard to get into at first but by the end, I was hooked.
7.  The Lavender Ribbon by Heather Burch. 
8.  I'm a big fan of Mary Kay Andrews, Dorothea Benton Frank, Karen White, Mary Alice Monroe and Adriana Trigiani.  Combined this year, I read 10 of their books. 


Okay, so that's some of what was on my list for 2014.  If any of you have a Kindle please look into Kindle Unlimited.  This is sort of like a library card for the Kindle.  You can "borrow" up to 10 books for free and once you read them, you "return" them.  It's great.  I'm constantly checking on my Kindle to see what titles they have added.  There is a big selection, not super recent titles, but still a decent selection by popular authors. 

Happy reading.  I already have my list of books ready for 2015.  Yes, I am a book nerd.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment