Saturday, January 3, 2015

January 2015

Hi All!

I thought I would share a few of things going on around here in January.  I'm off to the beach today with my mom, D, his mom and two of her sisters.  Over the course of the next few days, E and N will come down and so will G.  We'll kinda be in and out but that's okay.  We'll get to spend some quality time looking at the ocean and eating seafood. Thank you, Lord.  This has proved a good time for everyone to just relax and recharge after the holidays. 

So let's see what else is going on during January ...
1.  On the 15th I'm super excited to begin a new Bible study, "Live a Praying Life."  I've done this Bible study before but it's so good and I definitely need a refresher.  I'm really looking forward to seeing what God has for me during the course of this study.
2.  The evening of the 15th is the Governor's Inauguration at The Gwinnett Center.  We were fortunate enough to be able to attend the Inauguration 4 years ago and we wouldn't miss this one. Super excited.  Biggest dilemma ... what to wear.  Seriously, men just put on their tuxedo or black suit and boom, they're done.  Us girls, we have to chose a dress, shoes, jewelry, handbag, etc.  We have hair issues, makeup issues ... it's all a little overwhelming.  But I'ma gonna go nonetheless. 
3.  Over the MLK weekend, I'll head out for a little girlfriend getaway.  This is a much needed respite for one of our friends who has had a tough couple of months.  What better way to cheer someone up than to have a getaway with the girls?  Yep, I'm in.
4. On the 24th, we'll head up to New Beginnings to pamper the ladies there.  This is just such a blessing.  I love this day so much.  So thankful for our team and all of those who carve out time in their busy schedules to go and serve.
5.  On the 25th is the Gainesville Bridal Expo.  This is a huge day for us and lots of work.  But totally worth it.  We'll do a booth, Be Inspired Tables, host a fashion show and serve on a wedding professional panel discussion.  There is lots to be done. 
6.  Along with all of this, I'll write two columns for The Times, one article for the Good Samaritan newsletter and make up to 30 recipes. 

So that is what January looks like for me.  January typically is a sad month of us and we're glad when it's over.  D's dad died on the 5th; his birthday is on the 7th and my dad died on the 17th.  I try hard to honor their memory in all that I do.  They were two fine, fine men.  Two men that shaped me into the woman I am.  I am forever thankful that I was a part of both of their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment