Monday, April 20, 2015

Weekend Recap: Sandi Patty Edition

Well, I just had the highest hopes for blogging everyday last week but then Mother got sick and we had to spend a major chunk of the day at Comprehensive Care on Tuesday.  And then on Thursday I came down with a fever and a stomach virus of epic proportions.  I'm convinced that I got it when we took Mother to the doctor on Tuesday.  My first clue was that her doctor came in and said "would you believe that I've seen four cases of a strain of flu with fever and stomach virus?"  Yep, that's where it came from.  I'm just beyond thankful that Mother didn't catch it.  That would have really been bad.  D was a rock star handling the dogs and helping with Mother (she's living with us now) when I couldn't lift my head off the pillow.  So that was our week last week, how was yours?

Saturday morning I met with one of my favorite young ladies from our church; daughter of some dear friends who is finding herself a bride in May.  When she set her date, I was already booked with another wedding so I'm working her through the planning process all the way to the Big Day.  It makes me a littler nervous to leave her in the unfamiliar hands of others but I'm sure she'll be just fine.  We had a delightful morning of looking back at old times and looking forward to her new season.  It was truly a blessing. 

On Saturday afternoon,, I found myself trying to play catch up with various projects from the whole week.  That was a little overwhelming and I'm still digging out.  The next six weeks are beyond busy with coordinating four events/weddings, hosting a shower at my house and opening my new office and the new shop.  Oh dear, one.day.at.a.time.sweet.Jesus. 

Before I go I've got to tell you about last night.  Okay, just like y'all I'm sure, D and I lead very hectic lives so we try our best to set aside Sunday evenings as a date night.  So when I saw that Ms. Sandi Patty was going to be at Johns Creek Baptist Church last night, I ordered tickets.  This would be a perfect date night (except that D's mom wanted to go so she went with us.  That's kinda the story of our lives right now).   I even upgraded so we could go to the Meet and Greet. I've been looking forward to it for months.    I can honestly say that Sandi's music has influenced me more than any others through the years. She's been one that I've just kept in the rotation and when I've needed a little uplifting moment from music, Sandi Patty has been there for me.  Her voice is truly one of, if not the greatest, of our generation.  Last night she sang with the church's 125-voice choir behind her and I thought surely we had already gone to heaven.    When she sang "How Great Thou Art" with that choir, I was just done.  It was amazing. 

Here we are with Sandi at the Meet and Greet:


This is not a great photo but this gives you the feel of the church and the choir with Sandi.   What a great evening!

Okay, gotta go.  I started a few weeks ago recording the "Cooking with Crevolyn" segments with the Dahlonega radio station.  They are fun bunch let me tell you!  I'm off to talk to them.  Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment