Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Can I Just Tell You How Much I Love John Berry

Okay, tonight was a true highlight of my 2009! I just saw John Berry in concert at Brenau's Pearce Auditorium and I just cannot tell you in words how good he was. He absolutely has the purest, most beautiful voice I think I have ever heard. The first half of the concert was a variety of some of his past hits as well as some new songs. My favorite from this half - "Blessed Assurance" - just him and his guitar. The second half was Christmas songs. My favorite from this half - "O Holy Night" - without a doubt. He sings this song to perfection. (Although, "Mary Did You Know?" was a close second). For his encore, he did two songs I had never heard before but am now officially crazy about: "Straight Down Rain" and "Love is a Cross." Both were truly amazing. I can hardly wait for him to record these so I can listen to them all the time. Throughout the concert, he spoke freely about his faith and his personal walk with Christ.

This concert was made possible by Butch Miller and his staff at Milton Martin Honda. All ticket proceeds went to benefit Challenged Child. Butch is a good friend of ours. He totally bailed out my husband this afternoon when D realized he had promised we could go and then found out the concert was sold out. Many thanks to Butch for making it happen!

Oh, and good news, friends! Butch announced tonight that John will be in concert in Gainesville the day after Thanksgiving for the next five years! Think it is too early to get my tickets??


1 comment:

  1. Amen! We were there too and it was one of the best concerts I've ever been to.

    ReplyDelete