Monday, December 7, 2009

Looking for a Good Dessert?

Well, if I know anything about anything, it would be dessert. And did I ever make a great one for the family gathering Friday evening. Not to brag. But it was gooood. Unfortunately, I did not have the foresight to take a picture of it. But, I did take a picture of the beautiful cake plate I took it in. This was a gift from a good friend a few years back and I sure have enjoyed it.



Anyway, back to my dessert story. Last week, I was making Sweet Potato Bread to take to Bible Study. Since I didn't have a clue about how many potatoes it would take to make 3 cups of mashed sweet potatoes, I baked about 14. And ended up with about 10 cups of mashed mixture left over. So, what to do with it? This is where destiny stepped in. I saw D's aunt in the meantime and these were her very words: "I've got to tell you about the best thing I have ever put in my mouth." You can imagine my suspense. Well it was A. sweet. potato. cheesecake. Yes siree.

So, I made it. And it has a caramel pecan topping. And it was all sorts of delicious. And because I love y'all so much, here is the link to the recipe on AllRecipes.com.

http://allrecipes.com/Search/Recipes.aspx?WithTerm=sweet%20potato%20cheesecake

No comments:

Post a Comment