Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Day in the Life

I thought it might be fun to do a "day in the life" post every once in awhile. It might be interesting or you may be bored to tears. Please let me know.

Today . . .

I am thankful for . . . a great Thanksgiving weekend. We had four consecutive days of fun. When is the last time that happened?

I am pondering . . . a great conversation I had yesterday with a heart friend. We hadn't seen each other in over two months and talked non-stop for almost four hours at Panera. She gave me alot to think about, offered her much-valued opinion about some upcoming projects that will involve both of us and just listened. I cherish her friendship.

I am praying . . . about alot actually. Some days wouldn't you just rather go back to bed? Praise God, we can be filled with hope. Because the world can sure fill you with alot of hopelessness and worry if you let it. Now, I'm not saying it is easy to let this go because . . . it's just not. But then you're reminded "in this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." (John 16:33) And then you have a friend who calls you and says "let me pray for you" and she says the exact words you need to hear . . . you cry, you rejoice, you love. And you just keep on 'keepin on' by faith.

I am remembering . . . my dad. Being the only child and a girl, I was joined at the hip with my dad. He worked so hard to give me everything he possibly could. At Christmas, and every day actually, I sure do miss you, Daddy.

I am listening . . . to Glory Revealed 2 and Harry Connick, Jr.'s Christmas CD. Both are amazing.

I am thinking . . . that I need to get to decorating this house. The realtor just called and wants to show it on Thursday. Lots of work really needs to get done by then.

I am shopping . . . for toys to take to an event on Thursday evening to benefit children and families in Atlanta who lost their homes due to the recent flooding. Get this - Target has Candy Land and Chutes and Ladders for $5. E and I played these two until we wore the board out and lost all the pieces. What a deal! But it occurred to me, do children still play these games? With the onslaught of video and computer games, are these board games obsolete? I'm just asking.

I am wearing . . . a poofy vest, scarf, turtleneck and jeans. My girlfriends talked me into buying this vest at the SteinMarts last year and I had my doubts. When you naturally possess your own "poof," if you know what I'm saying, it just didn't seem right to add to it. But, amazingly enough, I kinda like it. And E, my most honest critic, said it didn't make me look "additionally poofy." Was that a compliment?

I am cooking . . . chicken Parmesan for dinner. Actually, I have to be honest, it is left over. But I did cook it . . . a few nights ago. Thankfully, my husband does not mind leftovers. What a blessing.

I am reading . . . a little Christmas book by Debbie Macomber. I've heard about her books for years but have never read one. Apparently, she writes a Christmas book almost every year. I need a little diversion from the craziness of this time of year.

I am working . . . on the weddings coming up in less than two weeks. How did that happen so fast? Both are going to be quite beautiful but very different. One small, with family and friends in the groom's beautiful home. The second in a quaint little mountain church followed by a way cool reception at a local resort. I really need to double up on my vitamins - beginning today.

I am looking forward to . . . another awesome weekend. Family gathering on Friday night, going out with the girls on Saturday while the hubby goes to the SEC championship game in Atlanta. Words just cannot describe how excited he is about that, by the way. His only regret is that his son cannot go with him. G has finals the next week and just can't leave campus. I'm just glad that he chose school over SEC football - wow, that must have been a difficult choice.

I am . . . trying to concentrate on the true meaning of this season. When God became flesh. When He sent the Way, the Truth and the Life to this earth.

May you have a wonderful day in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment