Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I'm Back from a Bloggy Break

I just cannot believe it has been 2 1/2 weeks since I landed here last. But sometimes a girl just has to take a vacation even from her blog. Let me tell you, a lot has been packed into these past weeks - a trip to Savannah to see Paula, a wedding weekend in LaGrange and a week-long stay in the land of Orlando, just to name a few. And I just can't wait to tell you all about it but because there is so very much, we'll take it in installments. I'm sure the excitement of it all would be a bit overwhelming. :)

Let's start with last week - the vacation. It was my favorite kind of vacation - full of family, books, the pool and food. (We were at a food convention, after all). My absolute favorite thing to do on vacation is first of all, be with my family and second, to sit by the pool (or beach) and read. And that is exactly what I was blessed to get to do. Here is E's book for the week - "Savor the Moment" by Nora Roberts. It is the third book in the series called "Bride Quartet" about four women who are wedding professionals and work together for their company called Vows. One is a photographer, one a florist, one a planner and this particular book is about the one who creates the wedding cakes. As you might guess, E and I adore this series and can hardly wait for the next one to come out, except that it will be the last and we hate for it to end.


This was one of four books that I read last week. The interesting thing about this book is that it is set in Mimosa Branch, Georgia which is remarkably similar to Buford, Ga where the author actually lives. And doesn't Mimosa Branch sound strangely like Flowery Branch? A very cool read because it mentions Lake Lanier and Gainesville often as well as many surrounding towns.

I also read "The Help" which was fabulous. It is set during the early 60s in Jackson, Mississippi. And I read "Fireworks over Toccoa." This book was set, as you might guess, in Toccoa, Georgia. I guess there is theme here for the week with the Southern authors writing about Southern towns. The last book, "The Kite Runner," however was set far, far away from north Georgia in Afghanistan. Not a light read but good. Oh, how I love a good book.

This was the view from the pool at our room. We were on the 7th floor right there on the corner.
Pretty in pink! This pic was taken Monday night before dinner. Two beautiful women!

We couldn't leave our handsome men out! G and his friend hadn't arrived on the scene yet because they stopped on the way down at their favorite fishing hole, Amelia Island for another quick trip out to sea.

This is what D and I looked like most of the week. It was heavenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment