Sunday, July 25, 2010

Since the Last Post

I promise I have not forgotten to finish up the installments from the Vay-Cay but we just have to get caught up since the last post. We have had a big ole weekend of fun so I have to share. Oh, by the way, we will resume with the regular Thursday and Friday posts very soon. I just have to take a break every now and then.

So, Friday, I could hardly wait to get to the office because I knew that my girl and one of her bestest buddies were coming for lunch. Now, this is the weekend that E has been planning for weeks. In fact, she and I spent an entire day practically last week going over the details for this weekend. Yes, indeed, the Big Bachelorette Bash for E's best friend CP. CP will be tying the knot in Atlanta the last weekend in August and we are all pretty excited about that. In fact, I'm just making a weekend of it, going down early to assist our florist who is doing the flowers and then spending the night at the Marquis with my hubby. Oh the fun!
Anyway, lunch with these two amazing young women was beyond fun but time was short and they had to head on up to the mountains to get prepared. I hope I can show you some pictures very soon because this was some party!

So, after I did the radio show on Friday afternoon, I ran home to change clothes because D and I were headed down with one of our favorite couples to see the Gwinnett Braves play. Let me just say, if you have never been to a minor league ball game, you should go. It really is so much more fun than the majors. And Friday night was fireworks night! I just cannot tell you how much I love fireworks. I don't understand squat about how something ignites to something else and then it goes way up in the sky and makes such beauty but wow . . . it was great! It was hotter than blue blazes but we were six rows behind home plate (thanks LT) so it plain just didn't matter. We had a fabulous time!

Then last night, I had a little surprise in store for my sweet husband. As soon as he got home, I told him to change his work clothes, we were going to Atlanta. I had found a restaurant I knew he was going to love and sure enough, he did and so did I. It is The 57th Fighter Group Restaurant and it sits right next to the south runway at Peachtree-Dekalb Airport. It has a WWII theme in decor, specifically honoring the 57th fighter group. They even have headsets so that you can hear the pilots talk with the control tower. And I haven't even mentioned the food which was incredible. They are famous for their Beer Cheese Soup which the server let us try a sample of to see if we liked. We weren't big fans because honestly, it tasted just like beer and we never acquired that taste. But everything else we put in our mouths was amazing: the Bunker Salad, the Center Cut Pork Chop and Winston's Chicken. If you want a great dining experience, I highly recommend. If you're interested, check it out here:

http://www.the57threstaurant.com/index.html

When we got home, we decided to make it dinner and a movie. We watched our NetFlix selection in the comfort of our p.j.s, curled up on our own sofa. Last night's choice: Couple's Retreat. Have you seen it? It wasn't bad but I'm glad we didn't pay $20 to see it at the theater.

Today, I've had to rest up from all the excitement. It indeed has been a quiet day after a wonderful church service this morning. This afternoon, I did, however, have to give back my favorite dog in the whole world who has been keeping me company this past week while her family went on vacation. I've asked her family if they would consider shared custody but so far, that hasn't happened. I can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment