Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Vacation - Part 2

The first installment of this vacation dissertation got us not quite through Monday of our vacation week. After dinner that night, D and I and his parents went to the Disney planned community of Celebration. You just have to love a town named Celebration. We were on a mission to see a movie and that was the closest theater according to our GPS. So when we got there, there were two movies showing. It took me awhile to figure out that a movie theater in the Disney town would only show Disney (Pixar) movies. So guess what we saw? Toy Story 3. I really liked it. It actually gave me that closure I desire as Andy is going off to college and Woody and the gang are no longer feeling significant in his life. Please don't think me hormonal but I shed a few tears.

On Tuesday morning, the boys had an early tee time so E and I went to the gym. I know, I thought it was a ridiculous thing to do on vacation too but we did it anyway. After that we prepared ourselves for a shopping adventure. But before we left, E came up to our room to do something she has always wanted to do - flat iron my hair. See for yourself the results below. I kept telling her, "as long as it isn't too flat on top." You've heard it said, the bigger the hair, the closer you are to God. So I adhere to that philosophy and always have a little fluff on the top. All in all, I liked it. Not sure I can do it myself so this may be the one and only time my hair looks like this.

Our first stop (always) was for an large unsweet tea from McDonalds. That will sure enough give you what you need to face the day. Since I've sworn off Diet Cokes, these large teas have been my saving grace. You'll also notice that our shopping trip was productive. We went to the local premium outlet mall and made a beeline to the Ann Taylor Loft. We are quite fond of Miss Ann's selections. We then found our way to our favorite store ever, Target and spent the good part of the morning in there. There is just something exciting about going in a Target you've never been in before: the smell of the popcorn, the exhilaration of discovering the different store layout and of course, the possibility of new selections in the shoe department. Oh. dear. It was so fun.


Before we left the room, E happened to look out the door and look who we saw? Our boys playing hole #4.


We met them for lunch and then did more of the same that afternoon: Pool. Read. Repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment