Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Breakfast at Tiffany's Birthday!

I adore Breakfast at Tiffany's, the movie. I adore Tiffany's for that matter. I adore Audrey Hepburn. I adore the color of Tiffany blue. I adore my Birthday Group friends. And I adore celebrating birthdays, especially those that come in big round numbers, with a big hoop-la.

It just so happened that the movie was celebrating 50 years and so was our girlfriend so I thought why not just tie those two together with a

Breakfast at Tiffany's Style Birthday Celebration!!
I had cute little invitations printed up and sent out to all the ladies. And when planning this little soiree, it occurred to me that the birthday girl's momma might like to join in the fun and let's just say she sure enough did. We just love this sweet lady and having her celebrate with us was a special treat!

Here they are having a special toast!


On the invitation I asked my friends to dress in their very best Audrey attire. And guess what? They ROCKED it!! These girls were amazingly gorgeous!! We just kept saying we needed to go somewhere all dolled up - like Starbucks or through the drive thru at the Dairy Queen!

Since it was a Breakfast at Tiffany's celebration, the decor and menu were easy to create. Tiffany's bags (very convenient that we got Tiffany's necklaces last week at the Beloved Retreat), "diamonds" scattered on the table and our napkins folded and tied with a bow like a Tiffany's box just added to the fun.

The menu included mini-sausage biscuits; fruit; spinach and mushroom quiche; and orange, strawberry and blueberry scones. And to drink - faux mimosas! I like to call them faux-mosas!


So here we all are! Let me just say - I don't think Audrey had a thing on us!

No comments:

Post a Comment