Tuesday, March 1, 2011

What I Love of About March 2011

I told you I would be coming at you fast and furious with posts. And it is March 1st already - honestly, can you believe it?

March is bringing some really big things! I'm so excited!
1. Tomorrow afternoon at 5:00, my girl and her hubby will leave for two weeks of fabulous fun in Italy. They are spending time on the coast at Amalfi (take a minute and google the Amalfi coast - it will take your breath away it's so gorgeous); then to Rome, Florence and finally Venice. I am so excited for them. It is going to be an amazing trip. If you would be so kind, please whisper a prayer for their safe travel. I would be most appreciative. These kinds of things make this momma just a little nervous.

2. While they are gone, our girl will celebrate her 25th birthday on the 7th! I just looked and they will be in Rome for her birthday. Wow - what a great place to celebrate your day, precious one! I will miss you like crazy on your special day! Happy Birthday to You, sweet girl - you are the most amazing daughter in the world!

3. On the 13th, I will travel down to Atlanta for a very special bridal shower for a very special young lady. One of my "sisters'" sons has found the girl of his dreams at the ripe ole age of 35 and is getting married in April (for the first time). It took him awhile to find her but we are sure glad he did. We are beyond thrilled for them!

4. Then . . . on March 14th . . . this is big BIG news and excitement . . . our Bible study group is going to have lunch with Georgia's First Lady, Sandra Deal at the Governor's Mansion. There is kind of a long story of how this all came about but we really have my dear friend's sweet husband to thank for making this possible. So thank you Dr. F - I am most appreciative!! It's not everyday we lunch at the Mansion so as you can probably guess, we all are just abuzz as to what to wear . . and what to say . . . and what to take! I mean how often does this happen? Lunching with the First Lady and all. More on this to come . . .

5. The Gainesville Care Center Annual Banquet is Thursday, March 17th. This is the major fundraiser for the organization and it's really going to great this year. My favorite part of the banquet is when past clients give their testimonies of their experiences. These are so powerful and God is glorified!
The speaker this year is Kelly Wright, co-anchor of Fox News Network's, "Fox and Friends Weekend." He has a powerful testimony of his mother's rape by a pastor when she was a teenager. Even though Kelly's mother was offered an illegal abortion, she chose to have her baby - Kelly.
The Banquet is at First Baptist Church's Banquet Hall at 6:45 p.m. on the 17th.
Tickets are $30.
Please join us!

6. Just for record, I am keeping up with the Siesta Scripture Memory Team on Beth Moore's blog. Today we begin memorizing our 5th verse! Now, let me just say from the get-go that this is a God thing if there ever was one. Basically, memory - I don't have a good one. I have never, ever been able to memorize anything. But because of God sweet provision, I have memorized FOUR verses!

7. March = Spring is on the Way!

I think I'll just end with 7. Seems like a good place to stop.

Oh, by the way, did you watch the Oscars? Since I had only seen two (Toy Story 3 and True Grit) of the nine movies nominated, I just didn't feel qualified to watch or maybe interested is another way to put it.
However since some might say I'm in it just for the fashion, we watched the Red Carpet arrivals and then changed the channel to watch "The Blind Side." Which was seemingly appropriate because we had just watched Sandra Bullock come down the red carpet in that stunningly beautiful red dress. Was she just not gorgeous? Who were your other fashion favorites? Mine were Gwyneth Paltrow, Halle Berry, and Reese Witherspoon. Oh and Jennifer Hudson. Maybe I just liked Jennifer's gown because it was orange, or "tangerine" as the commentators said. I'm pretty sure I have a crush on the color orange right now. Hmm . . . I have an orange crush. Which makes me wonder how long has it been since I've had an actual Orange Crush? Doesn't that sound good over some crushed ice?

Oh, okay. I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment