Thursday, February 16, 2012

He Knows Me So Well

It's just been one of those weeks.  One when you write a great blog post about Valentine's Day but somehow it doesn't get saved and you lose it.  One when you're just too tired to write the same post again.  One when you do something stupid like fall out of bed (don't ask) and then can't move your back for about two days.   One when you are feeling so overwhelmed with all you have to do that you just want to stay in bed all day and do nothing.  One when you feel like all of the sadness in the world has surrounded your family and you can't take too much more. 

But God.  Because He is full of grace and mercy, He sends you bright spots all week to overshadow the pain.  Praise Him! 
Bright spot:  My son sent me a text message on Valentine's Day that said, "I'm so blessed that you're my mom. I love you."  Have mercy. 
Bright spot:  My daughter sat and listened for well over an hour yesterday to me throw out ideas about my upcoming speaking engagement; and then vent, rant and rave about a whole myriad of subjects.  After listening patiently, she gave her valuable and creative input.  Bless her. 
Bright spot:  I sat with a group of godly women last night with whom I share a common passion.  What an amazing blessing to hear their hearts and thoughts about this ministry.  
Bright spot:  Friends who constantly surround me and my family with encouragement and support through texts, emails and phone calls.  Yesterday I sent an email to a dear friend full of scattered ideas about a particular subject that I just can't seem to wrap my head around and within minutes she responded with thoughts as to how to make this whole thing work. (J- if you're reading, thank you!). 

And then on Valentine's Day evening, as I'm still sitting in the bed, in my pajamas, nursing my aching back, in comes the love of my life with a beautiful bouquet.  But this isn't just any bouquet because this one has been custom made just for me with roses and Dove chocolate.  He knows me so well.  Nothing like chocolate to help you forget your troubles.  It also served as just another reminder that when life is going, well, like life does, there is always beauty, love, goodness and sweetness to be found.

"Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him."  Psalm 34:8


No comments:

Post a Comment