Tuesday, February 21, 2012

It Could Not be more Random

I just want to jump on here to talk about a few random things of no importance whatsoever and in no particular order.
Actually this first one is of importance.  It is the only one of the list that is. 
1.  God was so good to me today.  He totally answered my prayer and the prayers of those who were praying for me as I spoke to the Challenged Child Women's Advocacy Group this morning.  I remembered what I wanted to say.  Even though I had notes, I hardly ever used them.  I got my display set up in time.  Everybody was so supportive and encouraging.  Bottom line, it could not have gone better.  I am so very thankful for those who prayed and so thankful that God honored those prayers. 
2.  I just ate an entire Dove Chocolate bar.  If you remember, it was in my Valentine's bouquet.  Please do not judge me.
3.  I am probably the last human on earth to download on my iphone/ipad/ihome/iwhatever Adele's album titled "21."  Oh my word it is amazing.  I liked having new music on my i-device that I downloaded Vince Gill's new CD, "Guitar Slinger."  As I think I might have mentioned once or a hundred times, I am a huge Vince Gill fan.  His new music is somewhat different than the honky-tonky stuff of his past but that voice is amazing and the music is just as good or better.  Love it.
4.  I have the new InStyle and new Southern Lady magazines sitting over there in the chair waiting for me to open them and I could not be happier about it. 
5.  Speaking of magazines and i-devices, I noticed in my new issue of Southern Living that if you are a subscriber you could download the magazine onto your iPad.  Well, okay.  I followed the directions just like they said and lo and behold, the new issue of SL came up on my iPad.  However, I'm just not sure how I feel about reading it on there.  You know how I struggle with the whole Kindle concept and even though I try to be a friend to technology, there is just something about having a book and/or magazine right in front of me.  I want to touch and smell those pages.  I'll let you know how this electronic magazine thing turns out.
6.  I am loving the new season of "The Voice." I sorta liked it last year but I am all about those four judges and the whole concept this season.  The judges actually are nice, respectful, encouraging and constructive with their advice. And I love that more than one judge can "turn their chair" for the artist.  Then that artist gets to chose which judge he or she wants to work with.  You see the judges trying to sell themselves to these talented individuals.  Sort of a role reversal of sorts and definitely a fresh approach.  Hands down better than American Idol and certainly Simon Cowell's new show, The X Factor.
7.  I have two new electronic personal care items.  (that may be the most ridiculous thing I've ever written).  It's true.  D got me a Sonicare toothbrush for Christmas.  And y'all thought he was such a romantic after those roses and chocolate.  Yes, the man bought me an electric toothbrush for Christmas.  Thankfully, he padded that gift with some other items that totally made me forget that he got me a toothbrush with a cord.   I really don't tell him how much I love this toothbrush for fear he'll buy me a new vacuum cleaner next year.  So that got me to thinking how much I really would love to have the Sonicare toothbrush's sister,The Clarisonic Mia.  Have you seen her?  I had been going back and forth on investing in one of these little beauties because I wasn't sure if it would really work like they say, or would it make my face break out, or could I send it back if I had already used it on my face or most importantly, can I really justify the cost both initially and the cost with the replacement brushes.  And do I want one more thing laying on my bathroom counter.   Clearly, I am an overthinker.  But one night, after wearing myself out with all of this overthinking, I gave up and ordered it.  I could not be happier with her.  I'm not sure my face looks any different but it feels amazing.  Smooth as a baby's behind.  I am not kidding.
Check it out.  I ordered mine in Turqoise. 
http://www.amazon.com/Clarisonic-Mia-Skin-Cleansing-System/dp/B002XURD32/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329865472&sr=8-1
8.  I met a friend for breakfast yesterday morning at Panera and thought I might try something new there.  The thing that's funny about this is that I have one of two things every single time I go to Panera and I go to Panera a lot.   But since it was breakfast and I was feeling, well, like walking on the wild side, I tried their new Mediterranean Egg White Breakfast Sandwich.  And let me just say, slamdunk, Panera, it was great.  And I don't really even like egg whites. 

Well, that's all the worthless information that I know for today.  Stay tuned.  It's got to get better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment