Saturday, November 8, 2014

It's about Time I Posted Something!

Hey blog friends!
I'm sitting here in a hotel room in the beautiful Callaway Gardens Lodge and thought it was high time I hopped on this blog and started her up again.  Let me just tell you, I'm not at all sure where October went because it was a whirlwind of activity.  Let me hit the highlights:

1.  The first weekend in October started off with the daughter of a dear friend getting married.  Seriously, is this not perfection?
 
 
2.  On the 10th, my baby turned 25.  Let that sink in a minute.  My youngest is 25 years old.  Wow.  His schedule was crazy busy.  He was working 12 hour days, 7 days a week which didn't leave much time for our traditional birthday dinner.  So our celebration was Sunday brunch after church at o'Charleys.  You take it when you can get it.  Much love to my smart, funny, kind, and good-looking son.  Love you to the moon and back!
I looked on my phone to see if I had a recent photo (that he would approve of) and I don't.  So I lifted this one from his Facebook page.    This was taken last Tuesday night at Gov. Deal's Victory Party at the College Football Hall of Fame in Atlanta.  Let me brag on this one for a minute.  Like I said, he has worked tirelessly the last 4 months for the Republican Party.  He has done an amazing job and I was thrilled that his (and lots of others) hard work paid off with a win on Tuesday.  I don't want to go all political on you here but speaking for a family that works hard owning their own small, local business in the state of Georgia, this win is a very good thing.  We are most thankful. 
Have mercy, I may be a little biased but is he handsome or what?
 
 
3.  So on October 18th we officially purchased another grocery store in Blue Ridge, Georgia.  This beautiful mountain town has part of my heart now.  The people there are just as good as gold and have welcomed us with open arms.  We could not be more pleased to be a part of this great community.  On a personal note, D, E and I spent 10 days during the store set up and opening at an amazingly beautiful home on Lake Blue Ridge.  This home belongs to the family of one of my dearest friends and we are more than thankful that they graciously opened their home to our family during this time.  Let me just say I think I could stay here forever ...
 
 
 
4.  The following weekend was the wedding of another dear friend's daughter.  Do you see why I love my job so much?  I get to be a part of one amazing celebration after another.  This wedding was in Athens at The Foundry Inn, which by the way, is now called The Graduate Inn (new owners). Anyway, this wedding was absolutely gorgeous.  If you would like to take a look at all the beautiful, go here
 
 5.  And then .... last weekend was the Georgia/ Florida game.  We left on Thursday and headed to our spot on Amelia Island.  We have found that staying away from the crazy in Jacksonville and staying in the beauty of Amelia is the way to go.  Usually we go with our children and enjoy a little family vacay but neither of them could go.  Life and jobs got in the way this year.  So we went with some good friends and while I missed my little family like crazy, we had a great time.  Except for the actual game that I'm still not able to talk about. Everything else ... great.  The game ... painful to watch.  In the infamous words of T. Swift, we've just got to Shake It Off. 
To say that Jacksonville weather is unpredictable, is an understatement.  Don't let these beautiful blue and sunny skies fool you.  It was cold and windy.  Whew.  But always a good time. 
 
 
 
A little ballgame selfie ...



 And because this is one of my favorite family photos of all time, let's throwback to Georgia/Florida 2013 ...
 
 
 
 
Well, that just about wraps up October 2014.  Now we're on to November.  Christmas is right around the corner - Wow!  



No comments:

Post a Comment