Sunday, February 21, 2010

I'm Baaack from the Beach!

Have y'all gone missing me? Some of you know where I've been so maybe you'll give me a little break for taking such a long absence from the bloggy world. Well, let's see what has happened since I posted the last time.

The Caribbean cruisers returned safely from their Valentine's weekend excursion. E did a quick turn around and flew to our nation's Capital for a visit with her very best friend/college roommate/sorority sister - CP. CP was E's maid of honor at her wedding and E is returning the favor when CP gets married in August. So, I can guarantee you some wedding talk went on up there. I can hardly wait to hear all about it! I did have a short conversation with her Friday morning and she said that DC still had two feet of snow on the ground and that CP has had the stomach virus but she was on the mend. Now, doesn't that sound like fun? But you know best girlfriends don't care if you've been sick or you're stuck in a hotel room even in a fun place like DC. They'll have a great time no matter what!

Well, last Monday and Tuesday held their own challenges but that's not worth talking about at this point. But Wednesday, that glorious day, the day I've been looking forward to for weeks! I began the day with an early morning meeting with E and our company's resident florist extraordinaire, Miss M. We are planning for a Bridal Show on the 28th and have been asked to do a "gallery" for it. I'll explain more about this in the next couple of days but suffice it to say, we really needed to get our heads together and make a plan of action. Thankfully, all brains were on deck and we gathered our thoughts and ideas quickly. Oooh, I just can't wait to tell you more about this.

After that, I ran home, threw some things in a suitcase and left with my husband for the BEACH! Yea! Okay, if that's wasn't already good enough, guess who goes to college in a town on the way to the BEACH! Yes siree, that would be our boy! We had dinner with him that night. We sat and talked until he about went to sleep in his plate. He had pulled an all nighter the night before because of two tests that day and had only slept three hours in two days. So, we talked as long as he could and then took him back to his apartment. I sure do cherish those few hours with him. He is quite the young man even if he is mine.

So, onto the beach we went. I just felt the stress and worry of everyday life just melting away as we approached the sand and sea. And D must have felt the same way because he slept most of the day on Thursday. I actually got worried about him at one point. Like when your baby sleeps through the night for the first time and you wake up and realize it! You run in the room to see if they're still breathing. Anybody besides me done that? I'll have to admit, I actually went to the bedroom one time just to make sure D was still breathing. He works hard, long hours and a do-nothing vacation is just what the doctor ordered for him.

So, the rest of the week was pure bliss. I read (of course). Oh by the way, I finished "The Last Song" by Nicholas Sparks. True to form for Mr. Sparks, this book is a tear-jerker. I could hardly read through the tears. Okay, now I'm ready for the movie. Comes out April 2nd I think. And speaking of movies, Friday night we went to see "Valentine's Day." I honestly wasn't a fan of this movie but I loved the outtakes at the end. The very last one with Julia Roberts was my favorite but I don't think any one in the whole theatre got it except us but that would be because we've seen "Pretty Woman" a zillion times.

Saturday the weather was absolutely gorgeous, about 65 degrees and sunny. A most perfect February day. We read, walked on the beach (one of us jogged), worked only a little bit (and always in line of sight of the water), took a drive, brought home dinner and watched the Olympics after the sun went down. Pretty much, fabulous.

We appreciate the generosity of our dear friends to let us use their beach house for a few days. It was perfect.

Just a few pictures. You can tell D was taking this because I didn't have my smile on yet.


These things are a combination of fascinating and gross.

Yes, it was just that beautiful.




No comments:

Post a Comment