Monday, February 8, 2010

This Day 2/8/10 in my Life

Well, today is one of those “Day in the Life” type posts that you may or may not find interesting. I did my last (and only) of these posts the first of December. So every once in a while I’ll give you a glimpse into my little corner of the world. Here goes:

Today . . .
I am thankful . . . that my son surprised us and came home for the weekend!! That boy just brings joy to my soul! He makes me laugh like crazy and I could just eat him with a spoon, I tell you. And I’m also thankful for another client who decided to book our services this week. Very thankful that God keeps sending them our way.
I am pondering . . . wisdom. It seems like God is keeping this subject right in the forefront of everything I’m studying, reading and hearing. I want so much to “get it!” But to get wisdom, I know I must pray and search for it. It is a hidden treasure that God holds for those who search diligently for it.
I am remembering . . . high school. As you remember, I’m now a member of the Facebook community, so I can go back and search for my Class of 1977 classmates. Since I haven’t lived where I went to high school for almost 25 years, some of these folks I haven’t seen since we moved or some, since we graduated. Some of them if their names were not beside their picture, I wouldn’t recognize them. But that’s the way it goes - they probably don’t recognize me either. I’ll tell you a secret: some of them look really old. Okay, please don’t state the obvious here.
I am listening . . . to Beloved. Beloved is an awesome ladies trio from Atlanta. I guess you would say their music is Southern gospel. Their music is varied so I’m not sure what exactly, but nonetheless they are great. I am so excited because in March I’m going with some girlfriends down to Atlanta for the weekend to attend their Ladies Retreat. Nothing but girls, glam (spa theme) and God. Fun. fun!
I am thinking . . . about how to redecorate E’s old bedroom. Right now, it has some bookcases in it and that’s it. And of course, we must change the pink walls. Oh, the pink walls. Thinking maybe of going with a neutral theme in this room - white, cream, wheat . . . hmm. I think I like this idea.
I am shopping . . . for Valentine’s Day gifts. I love, love Valentine’s Day. When the kids were little we made homemade Valentines and did some cool things. I’ll share this in another post this week.
I am cooking . . . oreo truffles for Valentine’s Day gifts. I’ll share this recipe later too. Totally a good thing.
I am reading . . . besides the two books in the previous posts, the book of Jeremiah (good stuff) and “The Last Song” by Nicholas Sparks on my Kindle. I want to read “The Last Song” before the movie comes out this spring. The movie was filmed on Tybee Island last summer and I can hardly wait to see it. But I gotta read the book first because I’m weird like that.
I am working . . . on two banquets for non-profits coming up in the next couple of months. Doing table décor/centerpieces for one and not sure what for the second. Also, got another big project in the works but that’s still top secret. Very soon.
I am looking forward to . . . getting away with the husband for a few days. Just the two of us with no responsibilities. Can you spell . . . b.l.i.s.s.?
I am wearing . . . jeans, white shirt, long black sweater/coat and black boots. Just got to tell you about this black sweater/coat because if I get a great bargain I seem to have to brag about it. Okay . . . . I took Mother to Belk’s the other day and thought I’d stroll around while she shopped. I spot this cute black sweater/coat across the store. Get this . . original price $88; ½ off = $44; additional 50% off = $22; $10 coupon = $12 for an $88 sweater. Yes!

So there you go! May you have a wonderful day in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment