Saturday, February 6, 2010

Two Great Books

I love nothing better than a good book and I'm usually reading three or four at one time; some fiction, some non-fiction. Right now I'm reading two non-fiction books that I've just got to tell you about. The first is "Knit Together: Discover God's Pattern for Your Life" by Debbie Macomber. Mrs. Macomber is known mostly for her fiction works and I've read several of them, enjoying each very much. This particular one is a great read with this theme: God created us for a reason and when we come to recognize our deepest longing, we can discover His plan for our lives. A good word, indeed.

My second recommended read is Beth Moore's new book "So Long Insecurity, You've Been a Bad Friend to Us." Is there any woman that doesn't deal with insecurity in one way or another? And it can be crippling to our every day walk through life if we let it. Beth gives us some encouragement, reassuring that insecurity is understandable and curable. I haven't finished this one yet but so far, it has been extremely enlightening and valuable to my whole mindset. You might want to give these a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment