Monday, February 1, 2010

What I love about February 2010!

Hard to believe, I know. It is February. I LOVE! Why? Because it is the love month. And I just love life! Yes, I have bad days, I have bad things happen. But there is so much to love about my life - my husband, my family, my friends, working with my daughter, planning parties and weddings, church, Bible study, and God. God. And His unfailing love.

God = love. That is one of His big definitions; there are many, however. As if I can define God or as if am qualified to. But with my personal experience with God, I know without a doubt that He is love. He has shown love to me in so many ways, this is only just a short list: through His transformation of my marriage, the love of my children, my parents and inlaws, the friends He has given me, His faithfulness in countless ways, His protection, His provision, His discipline (ouch, that's a hard one), His creativity, His world . . . Him. How can I ever thank Him for the way He has loved me? Live this life in a way the reflects Him. To show love to others, to tell others about Him, to serve others, to think more about Him and others and less about me.

So today, thank God for His unfailing love "Let them give thanks to the Lord for His unfailing love" Psalm 107:8 . . . and find comfort in His arms " May your unfailing love be my comfort." Psalm 119.76.


What do I love about February 2010?

1. Well, Valentines Day, of course, duh. We'll be discussing it more in the upcoming days.
2. I get to go to the beach this month with my sweet husband. The words "can hardly wait" just don't do this justice.
3. We are going to the Fox Theatre with one of my favorite couples to see "Mamma Mia" in a couple of weeks. Oh. Yes. I'm already hearing "Dancing Queen" in my dreams.
4. Our niece has a birthday this month. And since she is now going to college in our neck of the woods, E and I (and hopefully D's mom) are thinking we may head down her way to see her for her birthday.
5. We have another Bridal Show this month. We are going up in the mountains to a beautiful resort, Brasstown Valley for the day. By the way, the Gainesville show yesterday was awesome. We met some wonderful people and had the best time. Didn't hurt that Scott's on the Square was there with his crab cakes. Heavenly day, those things will melt in your mouth.
6. Now, while this may not interest some, I happen to love the Super Bowl. The actual game - who cares. But the commercials - oh my goodness, those are my favorites. When I was in graduate school, I had to do a paper on the Super Bowl ads. Now, there are worse things than having to watch the Super Bowl all in the name of school work. And ever since, I have been hooked. And I love Super Bowl food. No better excuse for wings, sliders, dips and diet coke than this ballgame. So there you go - commercials and food. Two good reasons for watching television.

7. The Wising Up study. I am loving this with two groups right now. The Monday night girls just started and the Wednesday night girls are on week 4. It is just so good. Now, the Monday night girls are tight and have been together studying God's word for maybe 3 or 4 years. So that makes for some good, honest and intimate discussion. Then the Wednesday night girls, they just keep coming. Would you believe there are over 40 of them now? They just keep telling their friends and keep multiplying. But all of that to say, women are seeking God and His wisdom. What could be better? I am praying it continues.
8. The Handbell Choir is ringing in worship this Sunday. "Shall We Gather at the River" and it is beautiful.
9. We are meeting with several brides and their moms this month about their upcoming weddings. I just love how each bride has her own distinct vision about how she wants her day to be. And I just love that we get to help make that a reality.
10. Blog . . . ye ole blog. I know I said this last month, but I have high hopes for this blog. Be assured I'm working on it.

Thank you for reading this. It is a pleasure. Happy February!

No comments:

Post a Comment