Saturday, February 13, 2010

It's a Snowy Day in Georgia

Yesterday, mid-afternoon, I got a call from one of my favorite people, E's mother-in-law, BW. Sidenote: When your children get married it is a fact that you inherit in-laws and you've got to admit, you just never know. Well, D and I were blessed beyond measure when not only did E marry a fine young man, she married a fine family. So when I saw BW on the caller ID, I could hardly wait to talk to her. Then I remembered . . . she and her entire family, including E and her husband where preparing to board a ship in Florida to cruise the Caribbean for the next few days. I know, I know . . . seriously, did I really want to talk to her at this moment? But I love her dearly, so I answered the phone.
What she called to tell me (among a few other things) was that her husband and son (E's husband) were quite distraught at the prospect of several inches of snow in Georgia and that they would not be here to witness it. Now granted, it is a rare day when Georgia sees snow but really? And since they would be suffering down on the sea and in the 75 degree sunshine, basking on a chaise lounge, having their drinks delivered with little umbrellas in them, eating delicious food at every turn, not cooking, cleaning or working . . . would they really miss the snow? Yes, she said, but she had give them a talkin' to and according to her, it was better. But yes, they are officially missing the Blizzard of 2010 - Georgia style.

So Caribbean cruisers, when y'all dock and can get internet, especially N and his dad - See What You're Missing!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment