Monday, February 3, 2014

February 2014!

What I love about February, 2014!

 Here is what the month of February holds for me. 

1. We have been blessed in the past few weeks to become part of several brides wedding planning. I just cannot tell you how much I love these precious girls. One is a long-time friend who has found her true love a little later in life. Now, don’t get me wrong I love these young brides but to plan with one who is a little older is different and refreshing. I have several meeting this week with the sweetest moms and daughters that I can hardly wait to get started!


2. For Christmas, D gave E and I gift certificates to a local spa. So this Friday afternoon is our Spa Date and it can’t get here soon enough. This old girl is going to enjoy every single minute of it. 

3. On Sunday afternoon, E is giving a baby shower for a very special friend. Well, you know me, I love nothing more than planning a happy party so I’m excited to be helping E with this time to welcome a new blessing!

4. On Sunday evening, our Sunday School class will get together to celebrate Valentine’s Day with a Breakfast For Supper Social. I adore this group of folks and am really looking forward to this time together.

5. On the 12th, I’ll be the featured speaker for this month’s meeting of the Commerce Club. I’m a member of this group of ladies which makes this a little more nerve racking. Always harder to speak to a group of your peers than to total strangers.

6. For Valentine’s weekend, D and I are going up to the Dillard House Inn in Clayton for a little weekend getaway. Rest, relaxation, no work, good food and most importantly time with my man: yes, please and thank you.

7. The following weekend, I’m excited to participate in a Women’s Weekend Intensive Bible Study at our Church. This should be a wonderful time of worship, study and fellowship. I’m so thankful for women who follow God’s calling to teach and share. This will be a Friday evening and Saturday event. 

8. I’ll scoot out of our Bible study on Saturday afternoon and head to Atlanta with D for an evening with Jennifer Nettles at The Fox. This was another one of my fabulous Christmas gifts from D for which I am so very thankful.

9. On the 26th, I have the honor to speak to the South Hall Kiwanis. Goodness knows what I am going to say to all of these people. 

I love February. It’s a great opportunity to show the ones you care about just how much you love them. Enjoy this month. Oh, and by the way, it's Heart Awareness Month. Please consider your heart health when making food choices (low fat, low sodium, fresh fruit, fresh vegetables) and maybe get out and exercise that heart muscle a little. One of every four deaths in the U.S. is a result of heart disease making it the leading cause for women and men. Let's take care of our hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment