Friday, February 14, 2014

Celebrating Love!

Happy Valentine's Day!! I'd love to know how you are spending this day (or weekend) with your special someone. My honey and I are leaving in a few hours to head up to the mountains to The Dillard House for the weekend. I can hardly wait. I haven't left the house since Monday. It really hasn't been as bad as it sounds. I've caught up on a lot of things that needed to be done around here as well as cooked. I've cooked a lot. Here are a couple of my creations to celebrate today!

This is a Chocolate Raspberry Bundt Cake!
Here is the recipe if you're interested. You really should be interested ... it's fabulous. 


And of course, what's Valentine's Day without some Chocolate Covered Strawberries?


In other news, D and I got a movie from the Red Box to watch last night and it was a total waste of our $1.29. If you are considering renting Red 2, don't bother. We saw Red (the first one) and really liked it. The sequel was a total bust. Just a Public Service Announcement to save your time and money. 

With more worthless news, I've been working in front of the muted television all morning. Since it's Valentine's Day, I've seen both John Legend on GMA and Rueben Studdard on The Today Show. What a treat! I've only un-muted for those two to serenade me. Oh, which reminds me, did you all watch The Beatles' 50th Anniversary of the Ed Sullivan Show the other night on television? It was so good. Even though Paul and Ringo both performed individually and together (which was great), the highlight of the show in my opinion was "Let It Be" with John Legend and Alicia Keys. I'm so hoping it comes out on iTunes. It's definitely going on my playlist if it does.

And one last thing (if you're still reading this boring account) since I've been watching the Valentine's editions of these morning shows, I've seen more people drink a glass of wine before noon than I can count. Granted it might be cranberry juice. I'm not judging but I just hope they are pacing themselves. It's going to be hard for some of us to catch up. I'm just sayin.

Happy Love Day to you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment