Thursday, March 13, 2014

A Week's Worth of Ramblings

Okay, I'm hopping on here really quick to catch up from last Friday.  E's birthday celebration at the Melting Point at The Foundry in Athens last Friday night was awesome.  We celebrated my girl by laughing, talking, eating some good food and listening to some great music.   The Melting Point is just the coolest venue for eating, dancing and overall having a great time - perfect for a Birthday Celebration!

Saturday, the Birthday Party/Spa Day Posse from church headed up to New Beginnings to love on those precious ladies for a few hours.  We sang Happy Birthday; we ate cake and ice cream; we rubbed and scrubbed hands and feet; we laughed; we prayed; we hugged.   As we were unloading the car, Granny (everyone calls her that, she's the Executive Director for NB) took us for a tour of their new Dormitory.  It is such a blessing from above for this building to soon house 10 women and up to 25 children.  In the past the ladies in the program couldn't have their children with them because of space issues.  Well, now that has all changed.  This will impact the way the ministry serves women and families in such an amazing way. 

On Sunday, I went to a baby shower for a precious family and caught up with an old friend.  I had so much fun shopping for that baby girl,  Watch out world when I have a grandbaby!   I've never seen such cute things and just for the record, I believe that it is a necessity for a southern woman to monogram everything humanly possible.  So I do.  :)

On Monday night, the family came over for dinner to celebrate Emily's birthday.  I cooked the following:  Sweet Baby Ray's slow cooker chicken; macaroni and cheese;  Nana's green beans; asparagus; and a flourless chocolate cake.  My friend, M has been telling me about this cake for months so I finally decided to try it and I must say it may be my new favorite dessert. It. is. delicious.  I'll share the recipe very soon.

Tuesday found me back in Athens at The Foundry, this time for a meeting with one of our brides who is getting married there in October.  Have a mentioned just how much I love this venue?

Yesterday was the day that I spoke at the Commerce Club meeting.   Those ladies were so kind and complementary that I almost forgot how unnerving  the whole experience was.  We took Mimi to dinner last night to one of our favorite pizza and salad spots, Little Italy. 

Which brings us to today.  Mother was scheduled for doctor's appointment at 11:00 in Oakwood.   We were there at 10:55 and at 11:45 we still had not seen the doctor.  Needless to say, I was fit to be tied.  I had a 1:00 meeting with a bride at the office so we had to leave.  Without seeing the doctor.  I could rant and rave about this but I'm not sure how much good it would do.  So frustrating.  So I took Mother back home and went to my meeting.  She had a hair appointment later in the day because she is going out of town with us tomorrow and apparently you must have your hair fixed the day before you leave for any extended time period.  And G is sick so I was picking up prescriptions and soup in between times.  And I drove to Clermont to take the dogs to be boarded.  Arriving back at the house just in time to change my clothes and go the Choices Pregnancy Care Center Banquet.  Pam Tebow, mother of Timmy (as she calls him) Tebow was the guest speaker.  Pam was advised to abort her pregnancy with Tim because of some potential health issues.  Obviously she chose not to and the rest is history.  Pam was a powerful and wonderful speaker.  And now I'm home.

The End. 

No comments:

Post a Comment