Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Catching Up

So I've got to get caught up with all that has happened since I last posted on  ... when? Valentine's Day.  Wow, that was weeks ago.  We went to the Dillard House for the Valentine's weekend and it was fabulous.  The food was incredible, the weather was perfect and the company was well, you know, the best.  It was restful and we loved it.  I highly recommend that if you need a little weekend mountain getaway that you check into the Dillard House.  It just can't be beat.

After coming off such a fabulous weekend, I had a little personal misfortune.  I dropped my phone. And it died  Actually, it wasn't completely dead as I could use Siri to call and retrieve messages.  I have never been so thankful for Ms. Siri as I was for those few days.  It took about 5 days to get my new phone and then get the stuff transferred over and then we got a new service provider and let's just say I was about over the whole process by the time I got my new phone.  But all is well with the technology world now and I am back from the remote island far away from civilization.   I'm sorry.  That was a sad tale of woe. 

Anyway, the next weekend was our Ladies' Bible Study Intensive at our church and it was amazing.  I could go on and on about the whole thing but honestly, I'm still processing how wonderful God is through it all. 

As soon as I finished up the Bible Study, I rushed home to meet my hubby to go to see Jennifer Nettles at the Fox Theatre.  Y'all she's a Georgia girl and she's just so warm, bubbly, funny ... I just loved her and wanted to invite her for dinner.  And man, that girl can sing, as if that wasn't already obvious.  I've got to tell you this funny story.  We sat in the balcony and when the show was over I had to go to the restroom (no surprise) so I went to the one on that level.  I waited and I waited and I waited.  It was the longest line ever.  It's one of those times you think, should I just get out of line and go somewhere else?, no I'll just wait, surely I'll be there soon.  I waited so long that when we came down to the main level to go out, the folks at the merchandise table already had the t-shirts and things packed in boxes.  Half of the lights were out in the building.  It was hilarious!  Darrell was worried sick but since I didn't have a phone, he couldn't call me.  Anyway, moral of that story, if you find yourself sitting in the balcony of the Fox, do not under any circumstances go the restroom on that level.  March yourself right down all of those stairs to the very bottom level.  I'll guarantee you will be glad you did.

So what else?  Oh I got to speak to the South Hall Kiwanis on the 26th and that was great!  That's a wonderful group of folks who welcomed me with open arms.  I enjoyed it so much. 

Oh a another note, our furry girl, Kirky, has had to make her way up to Holly's House of Horrors for you know what.  That's all I'm going to say about that but we sure do miss her. 

February was a great month full of weather, work and wonderful days spent with my sweet husband in a few getaway spots.  Now, let's March on!



No comments:

Post a Comment