Thursday, March 6, 2014

It's the Gift that keeps on Giving

I'm going to try a new approach to blogging and blog more often.  Where have you heard that before?  Ha!  Can't blame a girl for trying ... again and again.  So to share the day ...

The good news is that I feel much better after my bout with the plague.  The bad news is that D now has the plague.  It's a gift that keeps on giving.  So you can imagine how much fun it is at our house right now.  Since I hadn't been out of the house since last Saturday, except to go the BGE cooking class, I decided I must run a few errands today.  So I did the usual (bank, cleaners, post office), then went by Mother's to dispense her drugs (that makes me sound like some sort of dealer which I'm not except to a legally prescribed 88 year old woman).  

Made a few more stops then went to the office where I had a wonderful planning meeting with a mother of the groom preparing for an upcoming engagement party.  I met this sweet lady almost 9 years ago when we bought our current home. She was our real estate agent and we have just stayed in touch through the years.  I was beyond excited to be called into action when she had a shindig to plan for her oldest son and his fiancé.  After that I headed out to the Chattahoochee Country Club for a planning meeting with our April 5th bride and her mom.  Oh this is going to be a good one - outdoor ceremony, cocktail hour in the Patio Pavilion and then dinner and dancing in the Ballroom with a fabulous band.  I might have said this once or fifty times but I love how each bride has this specific and distinct vision for her wedding.  We laughed and talked for over two hours.  What a joy.

So now I'm back home with my sweet pitiful husband and Sadie.  I'm headed into the kitchen now to bake a cake for a certain birthday girl for her big day tomorrow! 

Just for smiles, look at these two precious faces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment