Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday Escapades

Well, true to tradition, E, her hubby and I were at Chickfila at 6:30 A.M. this morning. Yes, A.M. - in the doggone morning. It was dark and cold when I left the house. We are the crazies. But, lest we think we are the only ones. The Chick was packed when we got there. Could not even find a parking place in the parking lot. So if numbers verify our insanity, I mean stupidity, I mean shopping savvy - we passed with flying colors. By 7:00 A.M. we were fueled with enough caffeine and chicken biscuits to face the day ahead.

We had a plan. You have to, I'm telling you. A plan we had - yes. But clarity - no. See we knew which stores had which sales, however, we didn't quite have a clear picture yet as to what we were purchasing. Oooooh, bad news. Causes lots of going around in circles. But somehow, someway we managed, and knocked out a good portion of our shopping.

The best part of our day? sitting in the food court watching the people. This exercise was good for two reasons: 1. We got to sit. Yea. My feet were so tired. 2. We got to observe the other shoppers. Now, there were some serious, and I mean serious, shoppers out today. This was my absolute favorite thing I saw all day - several girlfriends shopping together wearing matching shirts that said "Friends don't let friends Christmas shop alone." Loved it. I think E and I will get matching shirts next year. (love you, sweetie)

After 8 hours of shopping, it was time to take a break. The entire family met at the movies - all 11 of us. For what it is worth, I loved and highly recommend "The Blind Side." I laughed, I cried, I cheered and I went away glad I saw this story. It is definitely the best movie I've seen in a long time. But considering my favorite movie is "Steel Magnolias" circa 1989, you'll probably want to draw your own conclusions. That's not the last movie I saw before today, just my favorite. By the way, I feel the need to share my favorite movie quote of all time - from Steel Magnolias, when Clairee says, "the only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize."

And that is . . . clearly . . . enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment