Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Mystery Trip

Okay, okay where to start. My precious, adorable daughter who is one of my biggest (maybe only not sure) blog fans has been giving me grief about my lack of posting the past few days. I’m really not sure why, she has been with me almost solid for the last three days and then wondered why I didn’t have time to post? Go figure.

So hang on for the next few days, you are going to be bombarded with our life’s randomness. So much going on I hardly know where to start. But let’s go back a week or two. My precious husband had been cookin’ up a trip somewhere for the past several weeks as a surprise to me. He is the best – he loves to surprise me and it drives me crazy. But not crazy enough for me not to enjoy it! I was told to pack comfortable shoes and clothes for warm weather. Hmm . . . didn’t sound like we were going to the beach or north. So where do you think we went? To see the Mouse. That’s right! Disney World. It is the happiest place on earth, you know. And we are after all, big kids. This trip was also a surprise to his Mother. After we boarded our plane in Atlanta, D’s sister and her husband joined us, flying in from Nashville. You should have seen her face. Priceless.

Okay, even if it is central Florida, wouldn’t you think it would be a little cooler than 95 degrees the last week in October? Oh. No. It was hot! And humid. I would stand in front of the mirror every morning working on the hair only to have it go flat and frizzy the minute we stepped outside. But who cares? It was all about being with the family, having no decisions or responsibilities for five days, eating waffles shaped like Mickey’s face and dessert with every meal (we had to, okay, it was included with our meal plan) and enjoying everything Disney. We rode the rides, watched the fireworks and parades, strolled through the exhibits and even went to the Hoop De Doo Review! It was great! You have to admit, Disney knows how to do it right. And even though it was scorching hot, the lines were short and the air conditioning was our friend.

I get tears in my eyes right now thinking about how my precious man spent hours going over the details of this trip, careful not to spoil the surprise for me and his mom. All because he wanted to have this time with his family. Honey, you did great. I loved it . . . and I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment