Thursday, May 27, 2010

May Monthly - Part 1

Oh, about a month ago I started typing one of my monthly updates to let you know what was on the agenda for this month. Well, that's been saved in the drafts folder for long enough so I just decided to instead give you my month in review.

On May 1st, we were honored to be a part of Lee and Rachel's wedding right here in beautiful Gainesville. The ceremony was at the First Presbyterian Church with the reception at the Quinlan Art Center. Simply gorgeous.


On May 2nd, all of the girls in the Wiley/Williams family including my momma, headed down for our Mother's Day (a week early) treat to Atlanta's Fox Theatre to see "Mary Poppins." If you know me at all, you know that my favorite all-time movie from my childhood is indeed Mary Poppins. I love, love Mary and Bert. This day was "practically perfect in every way."

Okay so on Tuesday, May 4th, the girlfriends got together for a shopping day to the Mart in Atlanta. It was the infamous "Cash and Carry" mart where we sure enough carried some merchandise home. Mostly these beauties - as you probably know the hottest thing in jewelry right now. These are the knock-off version of the very expensive watch Sandra Bulloch wore in "The Blind Side." I think I now own one of these in every single color. We have made multiple trips back down to the Mart to stock the hospital gift shop with these. They are hot, hot, hot!


On Saturday, May 8th our nephew officially became a graduate of Georgia Institute of Technology. Congratulations to him! The sweetest boy in the world blew in from his finals week just in time to sit down for the first note of "Pomp and Circumstance." It was great for the whole family to be together.

We continued the festivities the next day, Mother's Day. My most fabulous daughter hosted the entire family for lunch. Not pictured, but in attendance were N's parents. Again, a most blessed time with family.







No comments:

Post a Comment