Thursday, May 6, 2010

Thankful Thursday!

We have exciting news! and I am so thankful that God presented the opportunity . . . (drum roll please) . . . for an OFFICE for Wonderful Events and Celebrations! WooHoo!

For the past two years E and I have worked as nomads either at my kitchen table, out of the front seat of my car and as you well know, from our "regular" table at Panera. Sidenote: we have to sit at the same table every time because of it's proximity to the plug because the laptop requires it. But on April 20th we (mostly me) were just a little worn out with our beloved Panera, needed a change of pace and met for lunch at Sweet Magnolias on the square. Just for clarification, Sweet Magnolias is located inside a larger building that has lots of great little shops called Main Street Market. Well, as I was strolling to the restroom, I saw this little office space that I immediately was drawn to. I came back to the table and told E that I had found us an office. Honestly, bless her heart, she didn't know we were looking. And we weren't, . . . until that moment. But somehow I just knew this was to be our space . . . if the price was right. And thankfully, it turned out to be just right.

The office idea has been a dream of ours that we mention in passing just every once in a while. Periodically, she and I have a "meeting of the minds" about our business just to make sure we are on the same page. Even though E and I are business partners, we are first and foremost, mother and daughter. And that relationship is far more important than any business dealings could ever be. So in order to keep that priority relationship, we just have a heart-to-heart every once in awhile about our current status as well as our hopes and dreams. You know, it just does a heart good to share your hopes and dreams with one another.

So very long story shortened just a little, we began to investigate the possibility and realized that this actually might work financially and logistically. And we got excited! And we still are! We have cleaned, painted, bought new furniture, reused old furniture, and are still not done with the transformation of this little office to make it our own. But it's getting there and we could not feel more blessed!

You know it is a funny thing sometimes. You feel like God is opening a door, presenting an opportunity and then there comes the moment of truth. When the rubber meets the road as my Daddy used to say. Do you have the faith to go for it? to take the leap with Him? You begin to have those doubts . . . is this truly from God? Are we being good stewards of the resources He has given us? Are we talented enough, smart enough, dedicated enough . . . blah, blah, blah. You know the drill. Praise Him we are all those things because of Him and the fact the if He calls us, He equips us. If it is one thing I've learned in this 50 years of living - the wildest time and most excitement I've ever had has been with Jesus. People that think that dedicated Christians live a boring life void of fun and thrills, well, they are just flat wrong. Jesus is a trip and a half. He will take you places you NEVER ever thought you would go. (like to the radio station every day at 4:45 - who would have ever thought that was in my plan??). Only God.

So, today was our very first day "in the office." And I will always remember this day in a very special way. It is the National Day of Prayer. So today, I have been pouring out my heart to God for my country, my community, my church, our businesses, my friends, my family, my husband, my children (especially my sweet boy today because he had two finals. He'll be home tomorrow night and yeah! and yeehaw! I can't wait! Sorry. sidetracked.) And the blessings of life He gives freely!

I'll leave you with this. I'm embarrassed to admit that when we began our business, I didn't choose a foundational Scripture for it. But as this new (office) door opens, we are committing it to our Lord with this verse, Colossians 3:23 "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men."



No comments:

Post a Comment