Friday, May 14, 2010

Thankful Thursday on Friday

Well, Thursday just blew right on by me didn't it? Please don't ever get the idea that just because I don't post on Thursday that I'm not thankful. Because, that's just not true. While I'm sure I take some things for granted, I've learned to live in the moment and to just be grateful for the gift of everyday life.

Thankful on Friday? Yes, siree. Thankful that my sweet husband finally made it back from Sin City (Las Vegas) and that the house didn't completely fall apart while he was gone. Why does that happen? Your husband goes out of town for a few days and things go wonky. I got totally freaked out by a weird repairman in my home and about that time the security system goes out. Have mercy I thought I was going to have a major meltdown. I tried to tell D about it as calmly as I possibly could when he called to check in but bless his heart, he must have heard the sheer panic in my voice. So before I had time to check myself in for an overnight stay at Laurelwood, our friend who owns the security company calls. This is what he says "I just got a call from your husband and I am on my way right now to fix your system. We will get this taken care of today for you because your husband is very concerned for your safety." Oh, thank you Lord and thank you precious husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment