Sunday, September 19, 2010

I Did It All for the Cupcake!

Greetings, dear friends! Yes, I'm back from the left coast and let me just say, it was fabulous. I told D I would totally live in San Francisco if it weren't in California but in Georgia. But I guess that might cause it to lose part of it's charm. I have tons to tell you and some great pictures but that will have to come at the first of the week when I have more than five minutes to talk.
Once we landed back on Georgia soil (thank you, Lord), it was full speed ahead for me since E and I had a wedding this weekend. Can you believe it? But, thank goodness, we were just assisting with the ceremony and I was able to clear my vacation head to think clearly. Not that I ever really think clearly. And if you asked E if I was thinking clearly this weekend, she might disagree. Let's just say, I had my moments.

Anyway, we got back around midnight Thursday night. Guess who was at our house? Oh, yes, that big, ole sweet handsome boy of mine. Woo.Hoo. I could have hugged his head off. To say I was glad to see that precious child is an understatement. I think after being gone for a week, seeing your loved ones just takes on a special meaning. Do you know that feeling? Okay, anyway. Our flight was delayed and the time change makes it an all day trip. I'll have you know when I got home, since I was still on Pacific Time and it was only 9:00 p.m. in San Fran, I emptied my suitcase, put it away and did two loads of laundry, all before laying my head on the pillow.

Friday morning was spent finishing the laundry, running some errands, and having lunch with my boy. Friday afternoon was spent wrapping my head around all the wedding details and heading out to the rehearsal that night. All went well and we were headed home by 8:00. I came home to an empty house (my husband had gone to the local high school football game) so I took full advantage of it. I put on my pajamas; turned on "Say Yes to the Dress" (muted); got out the new In Style magazine (fall issue - amazing); and tuned in on the radio to listen to the above mentioned football game. The son of some of our dear friends is the starting quarterback for this team and I just had to hear how it was going.

Then, Saturday morning was the big event . . . oh yes, the 5K Cupcake Challenge in Clermont! D and I, E and N were up bright and early, raring to run/walk and at the starting line at 8:30 a.m. E took the best pictures with her phone before the race (fyi -it's always better to take photos before the race). She sent them to me through email just like she thought I knew how to get them to this blog from the email. She clearly overestimates my technological intelligence.
N is like a running machine and practically ran the whole thing by the time I got around the first block. E was amazing too. She finished really quickly. Me, well, I'm pretty much slow as Christmas. However, I shaved about 14 minutes off my time since I did the last 5K in April. BUT, the star of the show was my husband! He won 2nd place in his age group!! (Age group will go unmentioned) Oh yes, he did! And he has a "City of Clermont" mug to prove it. :))

After the race, I ran (not really) back home, got ready in record time and took off to the wedding. And it was beautiful. Gorgeous chapel and surrounding grounds in the rolling hills of North Georgia. Beautiful bride and handsome groom. Like I said, we were just assisting with the ceremony so I was back in Gainesville by 4:00. Knowing my husband would not be home from work for hours, I took the opportunity to stroll through Target. I mean really, there is no better place to clear your head than the aisles of Target. Oh, and it did not disappoint. I got a pair of boots that are killer! And I got a top and a dress - yes, at Target. I'll have to post pictures. It is that good. After that, I came home, cooked supper and crashed.

Got to run. My momma and my boy are coming over for dinner tonight and I gotta get in the kitchen. Just a couple of my "after the race" pictures! Oh, yes and I forgot to tell you - we really did get a cupcake after the race! E and N got red velvets and D and I got key limes. I ate every last crumb. Really, if you're going to run/walk 3.2 miles, the least you can do is celebrate with a cupcake!



No comments:

Post a Comment