Thursday, September 2, 2010

September, 2010

Can you believe this is my second post in 12 hours? I'm trying to do a little better about staying up with the blog around here . . . we'll see if that lasts. I've actually got a list of things running in my date book of things that I have yet to blog about; lest you think the excitement of my life has somehow come to a screeching halt. Fascinating things, I tell you, just fascinating.

But is the second day of September and that calls for . . .
What I Love about September 2010

1. The Big News . . . it's vacation month for my precious husband and I. Next week we will be leaving for an entire week, flying to the left coast to the beautiful city of San Francisco. To say that I am excited, well, that's an understatement. WooHoo!
2. College Football Season starts Saturday!! Can I get an amen? We've waited eight very long months to see the boys put on those pads, helmets and tight pants and run up and down the field! I can hardly wait. Go Dawgs!! And to me, the season just gets better and better as it goes along because it gets cooler and cooler and your clothes get cuter and cuter. I don't know about you but by this time of year, I'm am way over my summer clothes. I'm am so ready for some cute sweaters, coats, scarves and boots that I can hardly stand it. It's about the whole experience, you know.
3. Which brings me to our next point . . . Fall is on the way! I love fall . . . the cool air, the colors, the leaves, the trips to the mountains, the apples, the fall festivals, the decorating, and did I mention the cute fall clothes?
4. D's Birthday! Now, we have something really cool planned for his birthday! I am about to bust to tell you about it but I'm going to restrain myself. You'll just have to wait but it's pretty awesome. He's gonna LOVE it!
5. E and I will be traveling up to a beautiful winery in the mountains Sunday to work out the details for a bride's October wedding there! She has done most of the pre-planning and we're coming in to pull it all together and make it all happen. That's what we do.
And E will have an initial meeting while I'm gone with a bride who is in the very beginning stages of planning her November, 2011 wedding. Now, this is fun to be a part of the whole planning process. This is extra-special to me because this is a daughter of a friend.
6. Oh, you're gonna love this. On Saturday, the 18th, D and I along with E and N are going to participate in the 5K Cupcake Challenge in Clermont. Yes, you read that correctly. The Cupcake Challenge. I want to do this race for two reasons: 1. the t-shirt (you know you're going to love a t-shirt from a cupcake challenge) and 2. as a reward for finishing the race, you get a cupcake from Peggy Truelove's bakery. Oh yes you do. Which goes to show you, I will do most anything for a cupcake.
7. During the month of September, some great events occur in our community: The John Jarrard Concert on the front lawn of Brenau; The Hearts and Hands Emporium at First Baptist Church; The Art on the Square event; just to name a few. I plan to attend as many as possible. I've said this before and I'll say it again. This community continues, despite our shaky economy to support the arts and so many worthwhile charitable organizations. Thankfully, events like I've listed above have not had to be cancelled because of lack of participation by volunteers or because of lack of donations. This says alot about the community where we live.
8. Bible studies will continue this month which makes me just so thankful. I'm deep into the book of Esther and the life of David. God and His Word are simply awesome.
9. Handbells make a return this month! D is our fearless leader and it will be a joy to get back in the ring, I mean swing, of things.
10. Life is good, friends. Celebrate it. Enjoy it. It is a gift. Do something to make this world a better place. Do something to bless someone today. Serve others. Love people. Love the One who created it all.

Happy September!

No comments:

Post a Comment