Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sleepless on Springdale

I have officially decided that sleep is over-rated. That's because I now know that I can't sleep again until Friday night. I might squeeze in an hour and half or so tonight but tomorrow night, there's no way. I have done so much the past few days that I'm not sure if I'm coming or going. So to say that leaving Friday morning on vacation is much anticipated, well that's just an understatement. You need a vacation after you try to get all that needs to be done, done, before you leave. Does that make sense?

I love a good vacation but you know, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed about the whole process. I'm leaving E behind with two big meetings. She can handle it without a doubt but I still feel like I should be there with her. I'm leaving some very dear friends behind with heavy burdens. I feel like they might need me. And why do I feel like both of my children might need us while we're gone and we won't be here for them. Or my momma? What if she needs me? Am I having some sort of guilt complex? I think I might be.

Okay. Heavy sigh.

Let's think on the positive side. This vacation is going to be fabulous. I can hardly wait to spend a week with my sweet husband in the beautiful city of San Francisco. What a blessing!
I'm not sure how much I'll blog if any, so I'll give you a little itinerary because I know you are just dying to know what I'm going to be doing every single day. :)

We'll fly out early morning. By mid-afternoon, we'll hopefully be checked in our room and on our way to our Alcatraz tour. D is so excited about this he can hardly stand it. He really wanted to take this tour at night but apparently, that tour is so popular, tickets were already long gone. I can totally understand why you would want to go to an empty prison . . . at night. I don't think so. I personally will be going to bed early this night. Although I may sleep with one eye open after seeing the cell of the dastardly Al Capone.
The next day, we are going to get up fairly early and make our way down to the Farmer's Market. Supposedly, this is supposed to be "foodie" heaven, and so, as you can imagine, D and I are all about this. "Amazing Grazing" is the theme of this trip. Oh yes. This day will be spent walking the city, going to China Town, hopping on a cable car, walking the Golden Gate Bridge, and taking in all the city has to offer.
A couple of things are still up in the air, but one day we will mosey out to Sonoma for a wine tour. Another day a car will be rented and we'll spend a few days just exploring the whole area. We plan on taking in Muir Woods, Sausilito, Yosemite, the Redwoods, Monterey, Carmel and Yosemite. All of this will culminate on the very last night with a visit to see the Giants play at AT&T Park. Because no vacation is complete until we go to a stadium and see someone play something that involves a ball. It's so true but I can live with it.

Putting this all out on the Internet makes me a little nervous. I just can't imagine that the 4 people that read this blog would have thief-like qualities but on the slim chance there is a 5th reader out there who does, you have to know that we have a house-sitter, a burglar alarm that works and a neighborhood watch program. And a neighbor with a big, mean dog. So there.

And because of that I will sleep easy . . . eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment