Monday, October 11, 2010

G's Birthday Rewind!

Our little family . . .
The Birthday Boy!
Well, we just had a great time last night celebrating G's Big Birthday! Thought I would share a few pictures. And I'll give you a run down of what was on the menu. G chose his favorites and then said, "just do whatever else you want." So, I took it upon myself to give a couple of new recipes a trial run. And oh my goodness, at the deliciousness that was found.

So here you go. I'll be sharing recipes this week so please do not dismay (if you are prone to dismay-ing).
Appetizer: Roasted Sweet Potato and Corn Chowder (new recipe - yum!)
Salad: Harvest Salad with homemade Red Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing (new recipe - awesome)
Meat: Chicken Fingers
Sides: Party Potatoes, Macaroni and Cheese, Roasted Vegetables, Green Beans
Dessert: Caramel Apple Cupcakes and Banana Cake with Peanut Butter Icing (both new recipes!)
These are the Caramel Apple Cupcakes. I wrote birthday messages on the sticks. :)
Love them.
G and his birthday cake! Let me just say these number sparklers were awesome! You can't really see them in this picture, but these are sparklers in the shapes of numbers. You light them and they probably "sparkled" for at least a minute. I highly recommend these to give your next celebration a little sparkle . . . (sorry).


No comments:

Post a Comment