Thursday, October 14, 2010

Something to Think About

What's on your mind today? I'll be glad to share a few thoughts.

1. Thinking how walking this morning for an hour made a HUGE difference in my attitude and outlook. I put those earphones on and pushed play on my ipod and away I went. I have quite the eclectic mix of music on my playlist so I thought I would just live on the wild side and hit "shuffle" - I love a surprise. It was no accident that the first words I heard were "Amazing grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me," courtesy of Chris Tomlin. "Blessed" belted out by Martina McBride was next. After that . . . "The Way He was Raised" by Josh Turner. By this time, I could hardly see through the tears. God must have known I needed a little relief because "Burnin' Love" by Elvis was next. That made me smile.
2. Thinking about how much I'm enjoying my time with my boy. We are getting lots of drive-time together and it is such a good reminder of how much I truly like him. It goes without saying how much I love him but I really like him. What a blessing to be able to really enjoy your children as the young people they have become.
3. Thinking about how putting on the correct clothes for this weather is such a challenge in the morning. I'm convinced that our weather right now is how it will be in heaven everyday. I just know it. But the good news is that in heaven we won't have to decide weather it's too warm for tights, boots, a jacket, or a scarf. I'm not complaining mind you. Just sayin.
4. Thinking about how much I loved the movie "Secretariat." It was so good and not an offensive word, phrase or innuendo in sight. It was uplifting and inspirational. The camera angles of the racing were way cool, the music was great and the acting superb. I love Diane Lane in this movie. And I loved that the real-life Penny Tweedy made a cameo appearance. I think that's so cool when they do that.
5. Thinking about how much I love the new television season. I don't watch many but the few a do watch have not disappointed. Here's my recap on them:
The new Dancing with the Stars I could not be more pleased with. I love Jennifer Grey if for no other reason than that she and I are the same age. If only my legs looked like hers. Wow - very impressive. The Situation even endeared himself to me eventually. But I just can't get past Mrs. Brady doing the "dirty dancing." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Castle. Love this show. It makes me laugh out loud which is really amazing considering it's one of those murder crime solvers shows.
The Biggest Loser. They're mixing it up a little on the Loser this season. I'm liking it.
Parenthood. It's a drama but extremely entertaining in a down-to-earth, not embarrassing, appropriately-handled-family-situation sort of way.
The Big Bang Theory. Honestly, I don't really understand this show but it is extremely well-written and funny.
Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives or Triple D has Guy likes to calls it. Oh.My.Goodness. This may be the best show on the cable channels, definitely on the Food Network. Even better than Paula's show but don't say I said that. Guy Fieri is an interesting character to be sure and the food, oh the food.
Say Yes to the Dress. Well, duh.
6. Thinking about our three generations of Wiley men going to the Georgia game together on Saturday. I love that. And every dawg will have his day because they will officially be "collaring" the new, real life dawg - UGA VIII, Big Bad Bruce. It's a milestone moment.
7. Thinking that's it's Breast Cancer Awareness Month and that I'm so thankful for the precious women I know who have triumphed over this disease. They are strong, strong women who have modeled grace all the while navigating the journey no one wants to take. They are steel magnolias of the faith and give great glory to our Father for their healing.
8. Thinking that in just a little over two months it will be Christmas! Can you believe it? I actually wrote some dates on my calendar today of events that we will be attending in December. I probably should begin planning for gift giving, parties and cooking. Every year I think that if I plan early enough I won't be so rushed and can enjoy the season. That is my goal. Hopefully I'll get closer to achieving it this year.
9. Thinking that I want to go to every fall festival in North Georgia. Too bad I can't convince my husband that this is necessary. Mule Camp (check), Gold Rush, Ellijay Apple Festival, Sorghum Festival in Blairsville, Deep Roots in Milledgeville . . . the list goes on. It just doesn't seem like fall unless you do.
10. Thinking how much I love the fact that Gainesville now has a Michaels and Ulta. Woo.Hoo. I went to Michaels this afternoon and they had exactly what I wanted. I love when I don't have to drive out of our little town to get what I need.

Well, that's all for now. I'm done thinkin' for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment