Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thankful Thursday and Food Friday -Together Again

Since I'll be away from the computer until after the weekend, I thought I would do something radical like actually posting our Food Friday recipe early. And believe it or not, I have not forgotten about Thankful Thursday.
So, since it is in fact, Thursday, let's all decide today, right now, that we will have an attitude of gratitude. To tell you the truth, I haven't had one lately. I got all out of sorts about something yesterday that alot of folks from all over the world would have loved to have been concerned about. Girl, you gotta keep this stuff in perspective I tell you. Things don't always work out like you want them to. Our domain rebels against us (you 5 Aspects Girls know what I'm talking about) but I am determined to remain focused on the blessings instead of the bumps. Sometimes those bumps look like giant mountains but God will always make a way for us to either go over it, around it or through it. I resolve to not allow my circumstances to make me bitter - just better.
So, today I am thankful for several very specific things:
1. I am thankful that my knee pain was not anything other than over extension. There was, as far as I know right now, no permanent damage. I'll just have to be super careful when I exercise and wear a knee brace. Very thankful.
2. That I get to go away for a few days with my husband.
3. That my mom is in such good health.
4. That my son made an 85 on his biology test!
5. That four brides have contacted us in the last week to discuss the planning of their weddings.

Okay, now food . . . hmmm . . . trying to decide what recipe to share today. How about TWO fun ones for Halloween - Monster Munch and Batty Bark! The Monster Munch I have kept in my house for the past month and everyone loves it so much. I've also bagged it up, tied it with raffia and given it as gifts. The Batty Bark is also a great gift for giving or would be too fun for a Halloween party or kid's party at school. Just an idea.

Happy Halloween!

Monster Munch:
Ingredients:
1 11 oz. bag regular flavor candy corn
1 11 oz. bag caramel candy corn
1 11 oz. bag chocolate candy corn
1 11 oz. bag caramel apple candy corn
1 12 oz. bag chocolate covered peanuts
2 small cans salted peanuts
1 small can salted cashews
1 19.2 oz. bag M&Ms
Directions: Mix all ingredients together and enjoy!

Batty Bark:
Ingredients:
8 oz. milk chocolate, chopped
4 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
1 cup crisp rice cereal
¼ cup unsalted sunflower kernels
¼ cup dried cherries, chopped
Directions:
1. In a microwave, melt milk chocolate and semisweet chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in the cereal, sunflower kernels and cherries.
2. On a waxed-paper lined baking sheet, spread chocolate mixture into a 12 inch x 9 inch rectangle.
3. Refrigerate until firm.
4. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Cut with 3 ½ inch bat-shaped cookie cutter.* Re-melt the scraps and cut if desired.

*I found my bat-shaped cookie cutter at Michaels for 99 cents. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment