Saturday, October 23, 2010

There are Turnovers of Two Kinds

Let's see, since I posted yesterday I have really only done two things that are discussion worthy. That is if you don't count cleaning the house, doing the laundry and going to the grocery store, so this is pretty much the highlights.
1. Cooked some yummy things. This is a new recipe, Coconut Cream Pound Cake that I just saw yesterday in the new Paula Deen Christmas magazine and couldn't wait to try. My husband loves coconut and I thought it might be a good recipe to file away for later use during the holidays. Well, Paula doesn't usually disappoint but this is not a favorite of mine. D said it was good but bless his heart, I think he was thrilled just to have a warm, just-out-of-the-oven ending to our meal.
This is it - our dessert for tonight's supper of Jambalaya and the Turnovers below.
Aren't these adorable? Trick or Treat Turnovers. This week on the "What's for Supper?" segment I'll be featuring recipes that would be fun to fix for Halloween. All the recipes that are featured on the show are either ones I've made in the past or ones I make in my very own "test kitchen."
So these were great, getting rave reviews from the men in my family. So were 1 up and 1 down today for new recipes tried. Can you tell I'm watching baseball right now? :)
We are taking a break from football. This is what they have going: switching back and forth between two football games (Oklahoma vs. Mizzou and Alabama vs. Tennessee) with the occasional switch off to the SF and Phillies game, all the while these games are muted on the tv so that they can listen to the audio of the Georgia game. Plus they have that same Georgia game streaming the field position and commentary on the computer. Crazy. Apparently the Georgia game didn't make our cable providers schedule today.

2. Last night, D and I got all bundled up, took a picnic and some hot chocolate and headed up to the mountains for an outdoor concert with one of our favorite fellas, John Berry. It was a free concert thanks to the generosity of a local company who just wanted to give back to their community. How nice was that? We sat under the stars and full moon listening to those pure vocals of one very talented man. It was quite the enjoyable evening.

I apologize for the quality of this picture but it's the only one I got before my camera battery died. John looks like he's glowing . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment