Sunday, February 6, 2011

It's Sunday Night Live - sort of

What I really should be doing is preparing for Bible study tomorrow night. However I realized I hadn't been on this blog for almost a week and that really just won't do.
So, I'll catch you up on all of the wild and exciting things that have been going on in my life. That should take about 30 seconds but we'll do it anyway.

Last Wednesday night I got to catch up with one of my precious girlfriends. She and I are traveling through the chronological Bible together and what a blessing that has been already. I reminded her that we were exactly 1/12th of our way through the Bible!! We high 5'ed like a couple of middle school kids at the end of a ballgame.

Oh and then Thursday was the baby shower! I swear I could just woller in baby clothes, blankets, bibs and the such. It was heavenly. Can't wait for this baby girl to make her arrival towards the end of this month.

Yesterday, I went to the most incredible Bridal show I have ever seen in Greenville. They did an "Alice in Wonderland" themed show and it was way over the top. Chairs, vines, flowers all hanging from the ceiling. The aisles as you entered were lined with moss-covered pots with tulips, hydrangeas, daisies popping out every where. It was gorgeous. I loved going just as an observer. I checked out every one's booth; sampled all of the caterers and cake bakers fabulous food (a girl has to eat lunch) and then went to the fashion show. Okay, so here were the colors of the bridesmaid's dresses at the show: So we all now know that yellow is THE color of the season but there was also lots of royal blue, lilac, turquoise and green. And a few florals thrown in for good measure. I've actually been seeing that alot in the bridal magazines and blogs. Could you see a mass of floral bridesmaids? I'm not so sure.
Although I'm just gonna tell you this: their tablescape gallery didn't have anything on our "Be Inspired" room last Sunday at the Gainesville show. Ours were totally better . . . hands down better.

Then last night, we got all gussied up and went to a fundraiser for a very worthy organization. It was a fun night out with some great friends and good music! The organizers of this event had gathered some really cool silent and live auction items. To my surprise, I was the recipient of one of them. Thank you, sweet husband.

It's almost midnight and I really cannot tell you how bad I need to be asleep but my mind just won't stop whirling. It has been quite the week in our family. It has been really something to tell you the truth. While I've shared above what have been a few of the fun things for the week, trust me when I say that there have been some very emotional things going on. While I can't share them, I will say I have never seen God show up and show off more than He has this past week. He has been a Provider, a Protector and an amazing Comforter to all of us. Praise God for His Mighty Hand that is always working for our good! He truly is good - all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment