Tuesday, February 1, 2011

What I Love about February 2011!

Oh my goodness, I have so much to tell you that I am just about to bust. Short version: The Bridal Show on Sunday was awesome! I've got pictures to share and stories to tell but I'll save that for another day. Then last night I went down to 200 Peachtree in Atlanta, a way cool venue (formerly the old Macys and right next to the Mart) for the NACE (National Association of Catering Executives) Event which was amazing. I'll explain later but good gracious, it's already February 1st and in my book that deserves a list of good things about this heart month. Oh yes it does.

What I Love about February 2011
1. One of the girl's moms in G's 2008 graduating class has been intentional. And you know I love intentional. Every month she organizes a lunch get together for all the moms of that class to reconnect. We call ourselves the 08 Moms. Probably not the most original title but we don't care. So for over two years now, once a month we meet at a local restaurant for lunch and just have the best time. I probably wouldn't see these very special ladies otherwise so I look forward to it every month. Tomorrow's our day.
2. On Thursday, the Birthday Group girls will join together to honor one of our own who is adopting a baby. Yep, getting a baby girl!! What could be sweeter, really? I'm praying big time for her because having a newborn in the house will be a change for sure but this is what we've all prayed for for years. Thank you, Lord, for answered prayer in a beautiful bundle of pink.
3. Saturday I'm headed to Greenville to the Wedding Festival. This is the mother of all Bridal Shows and the very best in the Southeast. It's the whole bridal industry on steroids. I can't wait.
4. Okay, I'm totally doing the happy dance for Bible study starting with the Monday night girls next week!! I have missed them like crazy. We are going to travel with the Israelites out of bondage, through the wilderness, and meet them in the Promised Land, doing Priscilla Shirer's "One in a Million" study. I've got something pretty special planned for them on Monday but I'll share that after the fact.
5. Valentines Day. Love the love celebration.
6. The middle of the month I'm going down with some of my favorite girls to the Beloved Women's Conference in Atlanta. I did this last year and as soon as I left there I put this conference on my calendar for this year. It's fun, inspiring, uplifting and a good challenge for your faith. I'm packing my cute new pajamas, fuzzy slippers and lots of chocolate for some midnight talks with the girls. Bring it on!
7. The last week of February will be birthday celebration central at my house. On the 23rd we will celebrate the 25th year of the birth of my firstborn. Now, her actual birthday isn't until the 7th of March but on that day she will be in Italy on a dream trip with her precious husband. The next night, I'll welcome The Iron Roses for one of our girl's big 5-0 party!
8. I'll leave the very next day for a little beach time at Amelia with my significant other. Unlike most folks, we love the beach this time of the year. The sand doesn't stick to your sweat - if you get my drift (no pun intended).

So there you have it. February 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment