Sunday, August 29, 2010

E's Best Friend's Wedding!

When I pulled up the blog, I couldn't believe that the last time I blogged was LAST Monday. Where did the time go? Well, let's see, there were two brand new Bible studies to launch last week, a shift at the Care Center to work, a hospital gift shop to stock, an upcoming vacation to be planned, work at the office to be completed, a radio show to be done every day and oh yes, the best friend of a certain daughter to get married last night!!!! Have mercy.

I'm sitting with my feet up for the first time all weekend. Before I go any further, let me just tell you that I stayed over after the post-wedding brunch this morning (D went on home) and met a friend at the Fox Theatre for a matinee showing of "The Sound of Music." It was like a huge musical bonus after an oh-so-busy weekend. I had almost forgotten how much I adore Maria and the vonTrapp family. I fell in love with Julie Andrews when she first played the role of Mary in my all time favorite movie ever, Mary Poppins. Well, then a year later, we reconnected when she originated the role of Maria in The Sound of Music. Just a little Julie Andrews trivia for all of those who love her as much as I do - Julie won an Academy Award for her role as Mary and was nominated for her role as Maria. Love her.
Okay, back to the wedding. Oh, glory, what a good time we had with Miss C and her family at the Marriott Marquis. I know practically every nook and cranny of that gorgeous hotel now Wow. I just wanted to stay there a little while longer and do nothing. I told D today that I don't know when I've worked so hard and had so much fun all in one weekend. Let me just tell you, this family knows how to have fun!! They were a hoot and a half and we loved each and every one of them. It was great!

E and I left out Friday morning and headed down to the hotel to get things unloaded, unpacked and settled in before the normal chaos of the wedding would occur. Thank goodness we did. It was quite the "full time job" for E to be the wedding planner and Matron of Honor all in one fail swoop but she pulled it off with flying colors. This wedding was perfection, in my humble opinion.
This whole experience made me weepy-ily nostalgic. When I turned and saw Miss C standing there ready to go down the aisle with her parents, I just lost it. I remembered what a huge part of E's life she has been and the immediate friendship that they have shared since the day they met during Rush the week before they began GCSU. I remembered all of the sorority events I attended with them; the visits she's made to our home; the summer she and E spent in London for their study abroad program. I remembered all of the long talks I've had with those two precious young women; the laughter and tears we've shared and of course, E's own wedding with Miss C being a huge part of that.
Let's see if I can give you a glimpse of this wonderful weekend in photos.
Here are the brand new bride and groom, the matron of honor and her "best man."

Wedding photos on the atrium level at the Mariott Marquis.
E's dress is looking mighty blue in these photos but in reality it was a most beautiful aubergine color.

Yea! We made it to the reception!


Oh, this was so much fun - the Horah!!


I included this picture because I just love it. I was standing on the stage with the DJ looking down onto the dance floor. Well, who did I just see whiz by? Can you see them in the forefront? Yep, that's my girl and her dancin' man. (He's gonna love that - :) )


Here's to the old married couple!!
I was blessed beyond measure to be included in this weekend's festivities. Wishing many years of love and happiness to this very special couple! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment