Monday, August 16, 2010

In a Word . . . A thru G

I'm not sure where this came from but I like it and I seem to think if I like something, you'll like it too. I wish I knew who the author was because I would love to pass along my thanks. It's called "In A Word . . . An A to Z List Words that Can Change Your Life." So please read these slowly and give them a ponder. That's what I'm gonna do.

Accept other's help. The world preaches a self-sufficient message but Jesus is returning for a body of believers interdependent on one another. Surround yourself with people who are rooting for your success, not your failures. Find someone to help you, someone to hold you accountable.

Bless others. The word "bless" means to add weight or value to someone. On the other hand, the word for "curse" in Hebrew is literally the word for subtraction. When you bless someone, you add to their life. And when you curse someone, you subtract from their life. In every dealing you have with someone, you're either adding or subtracting.

Call your spouse (or someone very special) in the middle of the day and tell him you're still crazy about him - even after all these years.

Devote half a day each month to a time of prayer and worship. If you can't remember the last time you had 30 minutes without being interrupted by the kids or the phone, start with an hour and work your way up. The key is spending much-needed one-on-one time with God - adoring Him, listening to Him and allowing Him to nurture your spirit.

Endure. Hebrews 12:1 says "to run with endurance that race that lies before us." That race involves trials, big and small. The way to enjoy something is to work on endurance. When you persevere through a problem or issue, you enjoy that you've come through it. That may be the reason people don't get enjoyment out of things; there's no effort attached.

Focus. Author Laurie Beth Jones says, "one of the most powerful questions for focusing is asking yourself: 'What would I be doing with my time if I knew I only had six healthy months to live?' That can immediately cause you to reorganize your priorities."

Give. Do it outlandishly. Extravagantly. Ridiculously. It's how God likes it. God loves a cheerful giver. Then, as icing on the cake, watch His blessings roll in as He changes your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment