Thursday, June 2, 2011

June 2, 1984

Today is our 27th Anniversary. We were married June 2, 1984 at 2:00 in the afternoon at First Baptist Church in Marion, Illinois. It was a big beautiful old church that has since been torn down and replaced with a big beautiful new church. The wedding was pretty simple because that's the way things were done back then. The pastor whom I had known all my life married us. My three best friends stood by my side. D's dad was his best man along with two other good friends.
We had our reception on the church lawn under a big oak tree with wedding cake and nuts served. Times have changed. But one thing that hasn't changed: my love for this man. I'm so glad I chose him.
This photograph hangs on the wall in our office upstairs and I just smile every time I see it. First of all, that hat. Remember it was the 80s, after all. And how about D in all white? Wow. I do still love this dress. I really don't know what I was thinking wearing long sleeves in June with an outdoor reception, though.

A lot has happened in 27 years but I would marry this man again. Happy Anniversary, honey!


No comments:

Post a Comment