Thursday, June 2, 2011

What I love about June 2011

What I love about June 2011

Well, let’s just say it’s summertime and the livin’ is easy. And just for the record, it is hot. For those of you who are in the South that comes as no surprise to you but great day at the hot and humid. Thank you, Jesus for air conditioning!!

1. Well, the best thing about this month is celebrating being married to the love of my life for 27 years. TODAY is our anniversary! We will go away on a unique little getaway later in the month. I can’t wait to tell you about it. It’s going to be pretty great – no normal for us this time.

2. This Saturday, June 4th, we are going to enjoy the hot and humid and do what everyone loves and have a Yard Sale! Well, if this wasn’t for such a good cause I might just not be as excited about it. There are a bunch of girlfriends getting together for this sale of mammoth junk proportions and we are hoping to sell ALL of our stuff because ALL of the proceeds go to Guatemalan missions!! So, if you’re in Gainesville this Saturday come by my house and see us!!

3. This Friday I’ll be doing a live remote with George and B.J. at the Limestone Store from 4 until 6. This is in conjunction with J&J’s 35th Anniversary Sale (which started June 1st) and our very first What’s for Supper Customer Recipe Contest. The three of us will be taste testing the entries and then declaring the winners during the show. You know it’s a tough job but somebody’s gotta do it. There are five categories so there will be five winners. They receive cool prizes and their recipes will be featured during the show the week of June 20th. We just have the best customers in the whole world and needless to say, they are great cooks. So, this is going to be so fun. I’ve already checked out the recipes and yum – I can hardly wait!

4. On Saturday, June 18th we will be assisting with a wedding at The Foundry Inn in Athens. This is just the coolest wedding. Love this bride and groom. I’ll share details later.

5. Wonderful Events is honored and privileged to have an amazing intern, Allie Harrington, working with us this summer. Allie recently graduated from Georgia Southern University and we just couldn’t be more excited to have her helping us! She has already survived her first wedding and did a great job! Immediately after that wedding, she left the country. Ha! Seriously, though for the next two weeks, Allie is doing mission work in Africa so we are missing her. Please say a prayer for her safety. She’ll be back right in time for our next wedding. Good timing!

6. This month we’ll start a new Bible study, “Made to Crave” by Lysa TerKeurst. This study is all about craving God instead of food. I’ve read the book but I’m excited about doing the study and having some accountability with the other ladies. I need it.

7. Our summer Bible study at church is “Seed” by Priscilla Shirer. I sure am a fan of Ms. Priscilla to be sure. So when I saw that this brand new study of hers was being offered I was so excited. It’s a six week study which like the other, makes it doable for summer. I just felt like I need to be the “student” in the class instead of always being the teacher. I have so very much to learn and I am so excited to be sitting under a good friend and amazing woman of God for this study.

Well, that’s pretty much what’s going on around here. It’s kind of a slow month and that suits me just fine. I’m looking forward to the pool, the lake, the sun and a good book. And I am ready to go with the good books - I’ve already pre-ordered some summer reading for my Kindle. Two of my favorite authors – Mary Kay Andrews and Dorothea Benton Frank both have new books which will be coming out in the next few days.

Happy June!

No comments:

Post a Comment