Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Mindless Entertainment

Okay, let’s talk mindless entertainment for awhile.

1. Have a told you how much I loved American Idol this season? Well, in case you missed it, I loved everything about it including the two semi-finalists. I honestly would have been fine if either Lauren or Scotty won. Although I will say that Scotty had the edge with me after that hometown visit. The boy worked in a grocery store after all.
We have to talk about the finale show. I have about 20 things I could say about it but I will whittle it down to three:
a. I am ashamed of AI for allowing Lady Gag (yes, the last “a” was intentionally left off) to sing. Her performance was totally inappropriate but what did you expect AI? This is a family show for heaven sake;
b. I’m sure that you will not be surprised to learn that I about flipped when Steven Tyler sat at the piano and sang “Dream On.” I told G that this song was played at every single high school dance I ever attended. The song was on their 1973 album, which was a real record. Wow – I don’t want to be reminded that that was almost 40 years ago.
c. Did you see Carrie Underwood’s legs? I don’t mean to sound weird here but I couldn’t stop looking at them. They were amazing.

2. I also loved Dancing with the Stars. Of course, Hines had me at hello because he is a former Georgia Bulldog. And when Kim got hurt it about tore him out of the frame. He was the winner, hands down.

3. The new Bachelorette. I don’t know what to think about this show. I watched the first one, which is my normal and then make a decision as to whether I will go further. To tell you how that has gone in the past, I have not watched a single full-season Bachelor or Bachelorette ever . This one is intriguing. The man in the mask is just weird (or quirky – E that’s for you) enough for me to continue to watch. I’ll let you know. Honestly, it’s not looking good.

4. Did you see the season finale of “Castle?” Great day in the morning! I had to walk away from the tv twice while watching this. I thought what in the world? It was like a version of “The Fugitive” all nestled up in my comfort zone of Rick and Kate. I couldn’t decide if I hated it or loved it. If Kate is dead, I will never get attached to another tv show ever. I can safely say that because who in their right mind would kill off the main character especially one who has that kind of chemistry with Rick? I sat three feet away from the tv when Rick was professing his love for her with huge tears. Honestly, this show about does me in. I’m glad I don’t watch much tv. Although it sure sounds like I do after this list.

5. The last Oprah. Couldn’t tell you. Didn’t watch. Have you ever heard so much hype in all your life?

6. However, I do watch every.single.Braves.game.on.television. Did I mention I watch ALL of them? Because after all, they only play 952 games per season and if we missed one, we wouldn’t know who pitched and caught and hit and slid and stole and popped and did that can of corn thing. Oh, I kid, love the Braves. :)

7. I have four shows that I am looking forward to catching over the summer:
America’s Got Talent (Premieer: Tuesday, May 31st) – love the talent but the judges, not so much.
Cake Boss (Premier: Monday, May 30th) – I don’t know what is more entertaining the works of art they create or Buddy or the staff of Carlo’s Bakery. The mixture of all of it makes for great entertainment.
The Next Food Network Star (Premier: Sunday, June 5th) – this show rocks! Usually food reality shows make me nervous for some reason but I love this one.
Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition (Premier: Monday, May 30th). This is a brand new show and it looks great.

8. Have you ever watched “American Pickers” on the History Channel? It is a hoot and a half. These two guys travel over the US looking in peoples barns, basements, old houses, everywhere, going through mounds of junk, looking for old stuff to refurbish and resell. Trash to treasure for sure. Its fascinating.

9. Is it just me or is there nothing new and fresh on HGTV? I just keep seeing the same old rerun of “House Hunters” and “Holmes on Homes.” The only thing I really like right now is “Sarah’s House” but I can’t ever seem to catch it. I’m not giving up on you, HGTV but I sure would like to see something new and fresh.

10. And as you might expect, I must end with the wedding shows. Have you noticed how many wedding shows are on television these days? I do still love “Say Yes to the Dress” and David Tutera’s “My Fair Wedding.” Occasionally I will watch “Four Weddings” but those brides can get snippy and I’m not a fan of snippy.

And that’s all I have to say about that.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment